One of the low carb cookbooks I have suggests baking bacon in the oven to prevent messy splatters from pan frying. I eat a lot of bacon and I absolutely hate the mess that results from frying it in a pan. Also, I end up spending a long time standing at the cooktop because the whole package of bacon never fits in one pan.
Last week I cooked my bacon for the first time in the oven. It was so simple without a big mess that I will never go back to frying bacon in a pan ever again. The best part is that a whole package of bacon can be cooked at once without standing over a cooktop with the exhaust fan going. Just put it in the oven and wait for the timer to beep.
It doesn’t get any easier than this.
- 1 package bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set cooling racks on top of jelly roll pans and spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Line bacon on cooling racks. Be careful not to overlap the bacon.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer cooked slices to paper towels to absorb excess grease.
- For easier cleanup, line pans with aluminum foil and put bacon directly on the foil.