When I was a teenager, I worked in a store that made candy. This recipe is very similar to one of the chocolate candies I made there. These can be put into small paper candy cups and boxed as gifts. When you are craving an Almond Joy candy bar, this low carb coconut almond chocolate candy will hit the spot.
- Put coconut in small glass bowl. Heat vanilla syrup to boiling in microwave. Stir hot syrup into coconut and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let sit.
- Place chocolate and butter in small glass bowl and microwave until melted, about 1 minute. When melted, add the erythritol, stevia and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Pour small amount of water into metal baking sheets, then line baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- Put teaspoons of chocolate candy mixture onto plastic wrap.
- Top each candy with an almond.
- Place in refrigerator to harden chocolate.
Makes 24 candies
Carbs per candy: 1 g