After discovering all the benefits of chia seeds, I made up some chia gel using nine parts water to one part chia seeds. Since the gel can be used in baking, I thought I’d make up a quick bread and add a little chia gel to the batter. This is an easy bread that can be made in a loaf or muffin pan. I used a bread pan because it is less time consuming as the batter doesn’t have to be divided.
There is no sweetener added to this savory bread. It makes a wonderful side to dinner or with eggs at breakfast. This bread can also be used to make a sandwich for lunch. It’s full of healthy ingredients and so easy to make. Perfect for every day on a low carb or gluten free diet.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a bread or muffin pan.
- Mix coconut flour, ground flax, baking soda and salt together in small bowl.
- Whisk the remaining wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Using whisk, mix in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Batter will be very thick.
- Spread into bread or muffin pan.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 40 minutes for bread and about 25 minutes for muffins. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
Net carbs per serving: 1.3g
LOW CARB TIPS and TRICKS
Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Low Carb Tips and Tricks which includes 20 easy to prepare recipes. Plus, get access to the weekly newsletter and special offers only for subscribers!