A delicious cream cheese filled pumpkin bread. This gluten free pumpkin bread has a sweet and creamy filling made with cream cheese. It’s a fabulous treat.
While eating a pumpkin bread I made recently made with coconut flour, I was reminded of a delicious cream cheese filled pumpkin bread I made a few years back. I went through my recipe files and was able to find that old recipe.
Although the cream cheese filling was one of the things I liked best, the spice mixture of the bread was also just right. The spice blend was something that needed a bit more tweaking in the low carb coconut flour version.
The resulting low carb cream cheese filled pumpkin bread was fabulous. I liked it much better than the one I made earlier with coconut flour. I did use vegetable oil in the recipe, but next time I will try coconut oil to make it healthier and less greasy.
LOW CARB TIPS and TRICKS
Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Low Carb Tips and Tricks which includes 20 easy to prepare recipes. Plus, get access to the weekly newsletter and special offers only for subscribers!
It had been a while since baking with almond flour. So I thought I’d modify the original recipe to be low carb and gluten free by using almond flour. I may go back and tweak the coconut flour pumpkin bread later.
This low carb pumpkin bread made with almond flour is extremely moist and the spices were perfect. It’s also sweet like one I used to make with sugar.
You’d never know this cream cheese filled pumpkin bread is low carb and gluten free. It’s one of those recipes that could easily be served to people without them suspecting it is sugar free or low carb.
My son was home from school for the holiday and he really liked this bread. Although he isn’t as picky as my daughter, he had no idea this was a low carb snack.
Low Carb Gluten Free Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol or Swerve confectioners
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia extract powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange or lemon extract
- 1 2/3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable or coconut oil
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup powdered erythritol or Swerve confectioners
- 3/4 teaspoon stevia extract powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease or spray two loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered erythritol, 1/4 teaspoon stevia extract, 1 tablespoon coconut flour, 1 egg and orange extract; beat until smooth. Set aside. In a separate bowl, combine 1 2/3 cup almond flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and pumpkin pie spice; set aside
- Place pumpkin, vegetable oil, 5 eggs 3/4 cup granular erythritol and 3/4 teaspoon stevia extract in a large bowl; beat well. Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture just until combined. Pour 1/4 of the pumpkin batter into each loaf pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of this layer and then pour about 1/4 batter over each cheese layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Carbs per slice: about 2g