The basic low carb white chocolate recipe was developed by Jennifer Eloff and posted on the Low Carb Friends forum. I bought a couple of Jennifer’s low carb cookbooks shortly after they were published, but I find that many of her recipes involve too many specialty ingredients and aren’t as simple as I like. That’s why I prefer to use my own simplified version of a low carb sweetened condensed milk which is available here.
The white chocolate recipe is just a batch of low carb sweetened condensed milk mixed with melted cocoa butter. My favorite white chocolate is a bar made by Lindt that has coconut in it.
It’s called “Coconut White” and I was hooked on it after one of my coworkers introduced me to it. I added some unsweetened coconut to Jennifer’s basic white chocolate recipe to mimic the Lindt bar that I miss.
LOW CARB TIPS and TRICKS
Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Low Carb Tips and Tricks which includes 20 easy to prepare recipes. Plus, get access to the weekly newsletter and special offers only for subscribers!
This low carb version of white chocolate is very soft so it has to be kept in the freezer. I suppose adding more cocoa butter might harden it up.
- Prepare Condensed Milk recipe.
- Melt cooca butter in microwave about 3 minutes. Stir to ensure all cocoa butter has melted.
- Pour melted cocoa butter into prepared condensed coconut milk. Add shredded coconut. Stir mixture until well blended.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet lined with plastic wrap. Freeze until firm. Keep frozen.
- Thaw a few minutes before cutting. Eat cold.