My daughter asked me to make some zucchini brownies for her. I didn’t tell her they were sugar-free and low carb. She licked the frosting beaters clean. After she found out it was sugar free, she told me to post the recipe on this blog because it was excellent. Everyone who ate one of these brownies was shocked to find out it had zucchini and no sugar. This recipe is a keeper for using up the garden zucchini which is the ingredient that makes the brownies very moist.
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup almond flour or Carbquik
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol or Swerve
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Mix erythritol, stevia, oil, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together then stir into to wet mixture. Mixture will be very thick.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Spread into greased pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place all frosting ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with electric mixer until well blended.
- If desired, top brownies with frosting after they are cool.
Per frosted brownie: 224 calories, 20.5g fat, 6.8g saturated fat, 34mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 7.1g carb, 4.1g fiber, 5.0g protein, 22.1g erythritol
Net carbs per brownie: 2 g (without frosting), 3 g (with frosting)