These gluten free keto double chocolate chip cookies use low carb black soy beans instead of flour. And, they are sweetened with a mix of stevia blend.
It’s that time of year again! Although I have been pretty good about avoiding sugar filled snacks, I have a hard time in March when the Girl Scout cookies arrive.
It’s a tradition to order these once a year treats. I always give in to my favorite, the Samoas, because I love coconut and caramel. My husband and kids eat most of the cookies, but I do treat myself to a few of my favorites since it is a rare treat.
To help stay away from the boxes of Girl Scout cookies, I made a batch of keto double chocolate chip cookies. This recipe is a modified version of my black soy bean fudge brownies.
The cookies are more cake-like than the brownies. So if you like denser cookies, you may want to cut back on the baking soda and baking powder. If you leave out the chocolate chips, I think these would make great little whoopie pies by putting a vanilla cream between two cookies.
These little treats definitely kept me from going off my low carb plan. And, I have a starter recipe for making whoopie pies
I know some people avoid soy. But, I don’t find it harmful if only eaten in moderation. It’s tough to find a better substitute for beans on a low carb diet.
Bean flour has become popular in the gluten free world. So, it’s good to know there is a low carb option. The black soy beans are fantastic in these keto double chocolate chip cookies.
The Eden brand of canned black beans are organic. I’m able to buy them in my local grocery store in the natural foods section. Other natural food markets likely sell them too.
Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Black Soy Bean Double Chocolate Cookies
- 15 ounces black soy beans canned, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup peanut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup low carb sweetener or erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia extract powder
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Puree soy beans with coconut milk. Mix together dry ingredients: cocoa, peanut flour, almond flour, instant coffee, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter and sweeteners until light and fluffy. Add egg and incorporate well. Mix in vanilla extract. Add black bean puree to butter mixture and mix well.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into the chocolate/black bean mixture until cookie dough just comes together. Finish mixing with a spoon. Stir in chocolate chips and drop by tablespoon onto baking sheets. Slightly flatten each dough ball and place a few extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 375 F for about 8-10 minutes.
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.