Did you know that Nui cookies are perfect for low carb recipes? Check out this easy tiramisu trifle recipe made with Nui Snickerdoodle cookies. It’s a simple no bake keto dessert that you can enjoy for a little pick up any time of day!
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Disclaimer: The cookies used in this recipe were complimentary, but the opinions in the post are my own.
Have you tried the soft and chewy Nui cookies? Although Nui has been selling keto cookies for a while, they have changed their recipe and it’s fabulous!
In October 2019, the company made a bold move by discontinuing their crisp cookies and launching a brand new product. No longer are the cookies hard and crumbly. They are now soft baked!
I’ve always preferred soft cookies over crisp ones so I was super excited to try these new low carb cookies. I was even able to test the cookies during development so I knew they were going to be fantastic.
Now that I’ve had a few weeks to experiment with the cookies, I’ve created a new recipe that I’m sure will become one of your favorite desserts. It’s a keto friendly tiramisu trifle recipe that’s made in single sized servings!
The recipe uses two Nui Snickerdoodle cookies so it has a nice touch of cinnamon in the mix along with the coffee, cocoa, and rum flavors. But the best part is that it’s a quick and easy dessert to make.
Nui Cookies as a Keto Substitute for Ladyfingers
What I love about the new cake like Nui cookies is that they make the perfect substitute for ladyfingers if you want to make a simple coffee flavored tiramisu dessert.
The great thing about this low carb gluten free treat is that there’s no baking involved. So it doesn’t take much time at all to put together.
After brewing a strong coffee or espresso, simply brush it on to two of the cookies that have been cut into pieces. This is what I like to use instead of coffee soaked lady fingers;.
You can add in some rum liqueur or extract in the coffee as well. But I prefer to add that flavor into the mascarpone cheese mixture.
Making a No Cook Filling
For this simple tiramisu recipe, I make a simple mixture of mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, and vanilla monk fruit sweetener instead of a custard. I also like to add in dark rum to the filling.
The cheese, sweetener, and rum are combined in one mixing bowl while the heavy cream is whipped in another until stiff peaks form. Vanilla extract should be added if a plain sweetener is used. Then the whipped cream is blended into the sweetened cheese mixture.
How to layer tiramisu in mini trifle dishes
- Place three pieces of soaked cookies into the bottom of a mini trifle dessert dish. Repeat for the other three dishes.
- Divide the mascarpone filling between the four dessert dishes.
- Top each dish off with two cookie pieces and then sprinkle cocoa powder and ground cinnamon on top.
Tiramisu Trifle Recipe Variations
Although I like to make this low-carb low-sugar dessert in mini size, the recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to fit in a standard trifle bowl. You can also use the Nui chocolate chip cookies instead of the snickerdoodle ones. Or, toss in some sugar free chocolate chips!
If you can’t find mascarpone cheese, you can replace it with eight ounces of cream cheese. But you’ll want to add in an extra ¼ cup of whipping cream to balance it out. You can also add in a couple tablespoons of sour cream to get more of a mascarpone flavor.
Other quick and easy keto desserts
If you don’t want to spend a lot of time making your own low carb treats, you can stock up with a few boxes of Nui cookies. Just be sure to use discount code LOWCARBYUM to save 10%. Or, make a few of my other simple recipes.
- Keto Peanut Butter Mousse is a filling snack that can easily be prepared in ten minutes.
- Tofu Pudding comes together in less than five minutes!
- Keto Key Lime Cheesecake is a fabulous looking dessert to share with friends and family.
- Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad isn’t just for the 4th of July! You’ll enjoy serving this easy recipe year round.
- Low Carb Strawberry Dessert is simple yet elegant enough to serve after an intimate dinner for two.
★ Follow Me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more keto friendly recipe ideas.
★ Sign up for my NEWSLETTER to get the latest updates and a FREE Meal Plan.
Nui Cookies Tiramisu Trifle
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Brew strong coffee or espresso in small cup. Set aside.
- Cut each cookie into 10 pieces then brush each heavily with the coffee.
- In medium bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese with monk fruit drops (or powdered sweetener) and rum or rum extract. Set aside.
- In small narrow bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until fully and stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into mascarpone cheese mixture. Beat with hand mixer if needed to combine well.
- Place 3 cookie pieces into the bottom of small trifle dessert dishes. Top each with a layer of the mascarpone cream mixture, dividing evenly between the four dishes.
- Divide the remaining cookie pieces on top of the cheese layers using two pieces for each.
- Sprinkle the cocoa and cinnamon on top for garnish.
Join my Facebook Group for help with recipes and weight loss support!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.