Looking for peanut flour recipes? Try these yummy gluten free low carb cupcakes with chocolate and peanut flavors. Enjoy them plain or topped with frosting.
Since I’ve been in the cupcake mood, I decided to make some chocolate low carb cupcakes to satisfy my chocolate craving. Although I have been experimenting with coconut flour, I chose to make these from peanut flour.
I plan to experiment with coconut flour for the next batch of chocolate cupcakes. Overall, the cake was light, moist and very tasty. They were so good, I’m already thinking of other peanut flour recipes to make.
I decided to frost these cupcakes with a chocolate buttercream frosting made with Swerve brand confectioner sugar alternative. You can also use this Low Carb Chocolate Frosting Recipe that I posted previously.
These are my first chocolate low carb cupcakes that I’ve posted. And, they are quite a treat after being sugar and gluten free for a while.
Other Peanut Flour Recipes
For those looking for additional peanut flour recipes, I have the following recipes:
There’s actually a lot of low carb followers that avoid peanuts because they are a legume and not a nut. However, if you look at the pros and cons, there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with eating them in moderation.
Of course, you should consider the quality when using them in peanut flour recipes. Not all peanuts are created equal and it’s best to go with organically grown.
I hope you enjoy these low carb cupcakes. If you want to save on carbs, just leave off the frosting!
Chocolate Low Carb Cupcakes made with Peanut Flour
Peanut Flour Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup peanut flour sifted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners Powdered Sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia concentrated powder
- 2 Tablespoon erythritol
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Mix peanut flour with cocoa, salt, and baking powder in small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, erythritol, stevia, xylitol and vanilla extract in large bowl until well combined. Blend in melted butter, instant coffee and almond milk.
- Stir in the peanut flour mixture until well combined.
- Divide mixture between lined cupcake molds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool completely if using frosting.
- Net Carbs 6g
- % Carbs: 17.9%
- % Protein: 14.9%
- % Fat: 67.2%
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.