Protein powder makes this easy sugar free peanut butter fudge a filling treat. It’s a great low carb snack to take along to curb your hunger between meals.
While on vacation last week, we drove by a lot of small candy stores advertising fudge. I knew that I was going to have to make a batch of low carb fudge when I got home.
Searching the internet, there were only a few low carb peanut butter fudge recipes that looked promising. I found an easy sugar free peanut butter fudge recipe at Low Carb Friends.
It got great reviews in the recipe forum. So, I decided to give it a try. I used sucralose as the sweetener, but I’d probably use a stevia blend next time.
I’m moving towards more natural sweeteners. Using a combination of sweeteners in low carb treats also gives a much better flavor.
This is such an easy sugar free peanut butter fudge recipe to make. It has a nice texture and isn’t overly sweet.
I chose to use the liquid sweetener to save carbs. Each serving has about 4 grams of carbs if you use the liquid versus powdered version of sucralose.
UPDATE: A new version of this sugar free fudge recipe is available for those who like peanut butter cups. I added a layer of chocolate to the top of the fudge and it tastes just like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.
Click here to check out my low carb peanut butter cup squares recipe.
Easy Sugar Free Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
Protein Packed Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid sucralose
- 2/3 cup low carb whey protein powder , vanilla flavor
- Melt the butter and peanut butter together in the microwave for about a minute; whisk well.
- Whisk in the cream cheese until well blended and smooth.
- Add the Splenda and the protein powder and mix well.
- Line a 7 x 5 inch baking dish or 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with wax paper.
- Spread the fudge mixture in the pan and chill until set.
- Cut into 10 squares.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze.
- Net Carbs 2g
- % Carbs: 4%
- % Protein: 14.1%
- % Fat: 81.8%
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.