I thought I’d try a different type of summer squash casserole. I wanted something without cheese. This was really easy to make.
The butter and pork rind topping gives it a nice golden top. I seeded the squash first, but that isn’t necessary. The eggs in this dish holds things together and the parsley adds some contrasting color.
- 4 cups yellow summer squash, mashed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ cup crushed pork rinds
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil sliced squash until tender. Drain thoroughly. Mash. Add eggs, onions, cream, salt, pepper and parsley to squash. Mix well. Pour in baking dish. Melt butter. Pour over squash mixture. Sprinkle with crushed pork rinds.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about one hour or until top is browned.
Carbs per serving: 6 g
LOW CARB TIPS and TRICKS
Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Low Carb Tips and Tricks which includes 20 easy to prepare recipes. Plus, get access to the weekly newsletter and special offers only for subscribers!