Instant Pot Meatballs
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 5 people
Pressure cooked meatballs are likely to become your favorite keto meatball recipe. The recipe is freezer-friendly and perfect for meal prep days.
- 1 pound ground beef I used 90/10
- 1/3 cup pork rinds crushed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup beef broth or water
In a large bowl mix together ground beef, pork rinds, egg, parsley, garlic salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop out meatballs and place on tray.
Roll meatballs in your hand and place back on the tray, place in freezer.
Allow the meatball to chill for 5-10 minutes.
In the Instant Pot, place 1 cup of beef broth.
Add in the trivet and place meatballs, stacking if needed.
Turn Instant Pot to HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes, ensuring the SEAL valve is set to SEALED.
Let pressure release naturally for a few minutes and then release pressure manually.
Tips for making the best Instant Pot meatballs:
- Don’t make the meatballs too big. If they are too big, they can become dry on the outside before they are fully cooked inside. A cookie scoop is the perfect tool to use.
- Choose a variety of ground meat. I like to use a blend of meat, with one that has a higher fat content.
- Add moisture. The egg I use in this recipe is necessary to bind the ingredients together. Don’t skip it!
- Be gentle with the meatballs! Don’t make them super compact or they will end up rubbery.
- Oil your hands when rolling meatballs. This may seem unnecessary, but it prevents the mixture from sticking to your hands. If you prefer, you can also use food prep kitchen gloves.
Serving: 4meatballs | Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 752mg | Potassium: 291mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 176IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without written permission from site owner Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited.