Nutty Egg Roll in a Bowl
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6 people
You'll love this nutty egg roll that's served in a bowl without a wrapper. It's low carb, gluten-free, paleo friendly and chock full of flavor!
- 1 pound sausage finely chopped (Bockwurst, Hungarian, and Schublig were used))
- 14 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari (adjust if needed)
- 1 tablespoon rice cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce use homemade for paleo (see post for link)
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or almond shavings (optional garnish)
- chopped green onions (optional garnish)
Heat the olive oil in a large high sided skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the ground sausage to the skillet and cook until the meat is completely browned.
Mix the minced garlic into the meat, and sauté for an additional 30 seconds.
Pour the coleslaw mix into the skillet, and stir to combine well.
Cook the mixture down over medium heat until the vegetables begin to soften to your liking.
Mix in the soy sauce, ginger paste, rice cooking wine, Worcestershire sauce, and salt & pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the heat and garnish with the nuts and chopped green onions if desired.
Serving: 202g | Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.8g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 22.4g | Saturated Fat: 5.9g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 565mg | Potassium: 429mg | Fiber: 3.8g | Sugar: 4.5g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 68.5mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.6mg
- Net Carbs 5g
- % Carbs: 7.2%
- % Protein: 20.2%
- % Fat: 72.6%
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without written permission from site owner Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited.