Easy Romaine Lettuce Soup
Servings: 8 people
A creamy, savory soup to warm your bones on chilly nights (or any night of the year, really). Plus, you won't believe it's dairy-free!
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons butter flavored coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper ground (omit for AIP)
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 8 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 cups chicken bone broth use vegetable broth for vegan
Saute onion and garlic in ghee or butter until onion is translucent (about 4 minutes).
Add seasonings (basil, parsley, salt, pepper) stir and cook another minute.
Stir in the remaining ingredients (cauliflower, lettuce, bone broth) then simmer covered for about 15 minutes.
Using a stick blender (or regular blender), puree the soup. Add in additional seasonings to taste.
The soup should be simmered until the cauliflower is tender.
If not using a stick blender, it's best to puree the soup in batches in a regular blender.
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 733mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 4150IU | Vitamin C: 24.3mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without written permission from site owner Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited.