Easy Unstuffed Cabbage Soup Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 16 people
Are you a cabbage roll fan but hate all the work involved to make them? If so, you need to try this easy unstuffed cabbage soup recipe.
- 2 packages Miracle Rice (7 ounces each) optional (or use riced cauliflower)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 2 cans cans diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces each)
- 1 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 32 ounces chicken bone broth
- 1 head cabbage sliced into strips
- extra chicken bone broth optional
Prepare Miracle Rice (if using) by draining, soaking in water for 5 minutes, draining again, then boiling dry. Set aside.
In large stock pot (I used 12 quart), heat oil and saute onions and garlic unit tender.
Add ground beef to stock pot and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato past, Worcestershire sauce, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
Add the cabbage and stir in. Cover and cook on medium low for about 30 minutes or until cabbage has softened.
Stir in prepared Miracle Rice if using. Add additional chicken broth, if desired. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 241mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g