A dense flourless chocolate cake for those following a low carb keto diet. It’s a simple dessert that only requires five common ingredients.
It’s been super crazy over the last week. I’ve been spending a lot of time reformatting all the recipes on the site.
You may have noticed that the layout of the recipes of starting to look different. That’s because I’m converting each one to use the latest standard coding for recipes.
With close to five hundred recipes on this website, the task is huge. But, I’ve decided to do it myself rather than pay someone to do it for me.
That means, I’ve had less time to spend in the kitchen developing new recipes. And, I’m totally not prepared for the holidays.
I did find a little time to bake up a low carb flourless chocolate cake last weekend. It’s a simple cake that doesn’t take much time to put together.
This isn’t the first time I’ve baked a flourless cake. But the previous one used chocolate chips. This time I thought it would be easier to just use unsweetened baking chocolate.
I also prefer desserts a lot less sweet these days. So, this low carb flourless chocolate cake isn’t very sweet.
Eventually, I’m hoping to move to desserts that only require a couple drops of stevia per serving. Or, add a few berries for small amount of fruit sugar.
I did use Swerve as the sweetener in this recipe. But, I may try using concentrated stevia next time.
The inspiration for this recipe came from one I found at allrecipes.com. However, my low carb keto version is less sweet.
There was a raspberry sauce used on the original recipe. I left mine plain and served it with some fresh raspberries.
You can certainly add a low carb raspberry sauce if you wish. It would be an easy thing to add.
I thought this dense flourless chocolate cake tasted like a rich fudge brownie. It’s very chocolaty.
If you want an easy decadent cake that’s super filling, give this recipe a try. You may even want to try changing up the flavor a bit.
I was thinking it might be nice to add some nuts and Mexican spice. How does a chili lime chocolate cake sound?
Low Carb Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake – Gluten Free
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low carb sugar substitute
- 12 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2/3 cup butter or ghee, cut into tablespoon size pieces
- 4 large eggs
- boiling water
- Line bottom of 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In small pot, heat water, salt, and Swerve over medium heat until salt and sweetener are dissolved.
- Melt baking chocolate in double boiler or microwave.
- Mix melted chocolate and butter in large bowl with electric mixer.
- Beat in the hot water mixture.
- Add in egg, one at a time, beating well after adding each.
- Pour mix into prepared springform pan. Wrap outside well with foil.
- Place springform pan in larger cake pan and add boiling water to the outside pan about 1 inch deep.
- Bake cake in water bath for 45 minutes at 350°F. Remove and cool slightly on wire rack.
- Chill cake overnight in refrigerator. Then remove side of springform pan.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.