This sugar free low carb chocolate cheese fudge is made using any soft mild flavored cheese. It’s sweetened with natural erythritol and stevia.
I got this low carb chocolate cheese fudge recipe from an old low carb magazine. The original recipe called for Splenda and Sweet ‘n Low. I am trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners so I modified the recipe to use erythritol and stevia. Splenda will also result in an odd taste when used to sweeten chocolate.
I thought this fudge came out too soft. However, I think this could be worked into a really good hot fudge sauce because the warm mixture was really tasty and reminded me of a thick chocolate ice cream topping.
I will keep looking for a good sugar free low carb chocolate fudge recipe that is firmer than this one. This fudge tastes great, but it tends to melt in your hand when eating. Perhaps adding a bit of natural protein powder or whole milk powder would firm things up.
I’m not a fan of processed American cheese, either. Next time, I will work in some cream cheese or other soft cheese. I’ve made a peanut butter fudge using cream cheese and it was amazing. If you love peanut butter, be sure to check out my cream cheese peanut butter fudge recipe. You’ll be so happy you did.
Low Carb Chocolate Cheese Fudge
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ pound American cheese, cubed (can sub with cream cheese or other soft cheese)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ cups powdered erythritol or Swerve Confectioners Powder
- ¾ teaspoon stevia extract
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa
- ½ Tablespoon chocolate extract
- ½ Tablespoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts, optional
- Mix heavy cream, cheese, butter, baking chocolate, erythritol and stevia in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until melted, stirring frequently. Add cocoa and bring to a boil. Stir constantly for one minute. Remove from heat and add extracts. Stir in nuts, if desired. Pour into medium bowl and allow to cool, whisking occasionally. When no longer warm, pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into 1? squares.
Carbs per serving: 1 g