This low carb coconut flour pumpkin bread recipe makes two loaves and uses a full can of pumpkin so you won’t have to let leftovers go to waste.
It’s been a while since I’ve posted as the new addition to our family has made it difficult to find time for developing new recipes and getting on the computer. Instead of trying new recipes, most of the time I just use the ones from this site that have already been tested.
The fall season is here so I’ve been doing some baking with pumpkin. Looking back at the Pumpkin Bread recipe that I made a while back, I decided it needed some improving.
The original recipe wasn’t sweet enough and it definitely did not have enough pumpkin flavor. The amount of eggs was also a bit much which gave it a somewhat “eggy” taste.
I also hate using only part of a can of pumpkin so the new coconut flour pumpkin bread recipe uses a whole can and makes two loaves instead of one. If this is too much for you, simply freeze one loaf to enjoy later. I like to wrap the extra loaf in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer bag.
Another thing I’ve learned is that a well greased bread pan does not always ensure the bread will release nicely out of the pan. So, I’ve started lining my bread pans with parchment paper which guarantees success every time. I just press the paper into the pans and fold as needed to get the paper to lay along the sides.
The batter is thick and when using coconut flour, I find it necessary to spread the batter and smooth the top with a spatula or butter knife.
My breads were done baking in about an hour. After taking them out of the oven, I let each low carb pumpkin bread sit in the pan for about ten minutes on a rack.
The breads will lift right out of the pans in the parchment paper. The paper can be removed right away or you can let it sit for a few more minutes on the rack while still in the parchment paper. I like to remove the paper and let the breads cool directly on the rack.
Low Carb Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Better Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread (Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup low carb sweetener or erythritol
- 1 teaspoon stevia concentrated powder
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- In large bowl, blend together erythritol, stevia, pumpkin, coconut oil, butter, vanilla extract, and eggs until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Sift the coconut flour mixture into the large bowl with the wet pumpkin mixture. Stir dry mix into wet mix.
- Pour batter into greased or lined 9×5 bread pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- Net Carbs 2g
- % Carbs: 7.9%
- % Protein: 11.9%
- % Fat: 80.2%
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.