Celebrate with keto friendly cauliflower pizza bites made in festive shapes. They can even be prepared in advanced and heated just before serving.
Are you the kind of person who likes to use food as decorations for celebrating holidays and special occasions? I think it’s great to have food match any party theme.
Today, I’m going to show you how easy it is to make cauliflower pizza bites into festive shapes. I used Christmas cookie cutters and topped the mini pizzas with holiday colors.
At first, I spread the cauliflower pizza crust dough out on a baking pan and cut out shapes. However, then you have to remove all the extra cauliflower mix from the pan.
A much easier way is to lay the cookie cutters on the baking pan and then fill the cutter with the crust mix. This way, you have control as to how thick or thin the crust is.
If you want a thick crust, fill the cutter all the way to the rim. For a thin crust, only fill the cutter halfway. Personally, I prefer the thinner crust and you’ll make twice as many.
The best thing is that you can make these cauliflower pizza bites in any shape you want. And, if you hoard cookie cutters like we do, you should have no trouble finding shapes you want.
Because I was making Christmas appetizers, I used red and green bell pepper along with some ham. For some added color and flavor, I added in some onion and black olives.
Since Edam is a popular cheese for Christmas in the Philippines, I used it to top off the keto pizza bites. It doesn’t melt very well so I blended in some grated mozzarella cheese.
Of course, you can use any cheese you prefer for these tasty appetizers. We also like to mix in provolone, parmesan, and even cheddar. So, feel free to mix it up.
Once you give these cauliflower pizza bites a try, you’ll want to make them for all your special occasions. And, You can bake up the crusts ahead and add toppings. You’ll just need to heat them right before serving.
You should also be able to freeze the baked crusts with toppings and bake the keto pizza bites frozen. I haven’t tried this yet, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.
Another great idea for low carb pizza bites comes from my friend Katrin at Sugar Free Londoner. She makes crustless mini pizzas using baked grated mozzarella cheese as the base.
And if you’d like another great keto friendly appetizer, be sure to check out my cheese dip. I like to serve it with pork rinds, but low carb tortilla chips are another option.
Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Pizza Bites Recipe
Want some other tasty low carb recipes to serve over the holidays? Check out the following:
Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- 1 head cauliflower riced
- 1 large egg beaten
- 3/4 cup Edam cheese grated
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- dash ground black pepper
- 1 slice ham steak cubed
- 1/4 cup no sugar added pizza sauce
- 1 small red bell pepper julienne cut
- 1 small green bell pepper julienne cut
- 1 small red onion julienne cut
- black olives pitted and sliced
- Strain excess liquid of riced cauliflower.
- In a bowl, combine riced cauliflower, beaten egg and Edam cheese. Add mustard seed, sage, oregano, thyme and black pepper. Mix well. No need to add salt since Edam cheese is usually a bit salty.
- In a baking sheet, spread cauliflower mixture. Using Christmas Cookie cutters, fill with cauliflower mixture. If you prefer a thick pizza, fill the cookie cutters to rim. If you want a thinner pizza, fill only half and then flatten with the back of the spoon.
- In a greased baking sheet, bake queso de bola cauliflower pizza bites in a preheated 350F oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Avoid browning too much as you will bake this again with the rest of the ingredients. Allow to cool for handling.
- Arrange pizza bites. Spread a thin layer of Homemade Sugar Free Pizza Sauce, add grated Edam and mozzarella cheese. Top with red and green bell pepper, red onion and ham pieces. For Christmas shapes like the Snowman and Angel, add a slice of black olives at the upper part – resembling the portion of the head. Top with more mozzarella as desired.
- In a preheated 350F, Christmas pizza bites for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese has melted and a bit golden. Edam cheese may become a bit crunchy as it doesn’t easily melt.
- Serve immediately!
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.