This simple recipe for keto friendly marinara uses canned tomatoes. It’s a good low carb marinara sauce to serve with cheesy keto breadsticks.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
I only substituted out the sugar in the original recipe for a low carb sweetener.
The original recipe calls for 1/4 teaspoon of sugar, so I used 1/8 teaspoon of Pyure All Purpose instead. And, it really is the perfect low carb marinara sauce!
Although the concept of using mozzarella cheese mixed with a bit of almond and/or coconut flour has been floating around the web for a few years, I just recently gave it a try.
What really got me was the delicious looking Cheese Danish made by Elizabeth at Up Late Anyway.
I haven’t tried that particular recipe yet, as I thought I would start with a simpler recipe.
Looking through Elizabeth’s site, I decided to try her recipe for Crazy Bread. I used the original recipe, not the updated version she created in her Stromboli post.
The resulting cheese bread tasted fantastic. It was really flat, but very bread like.
I was very careful not to roll it too thin so I will try making some adjustments to the recipe to get it to puff up more like real cheese bread sticks.
Everyone in my family absolutely loved the taste of these. Especially dipped in the low carb marinara sauce!
I did cook mine a bit differently, though. I found that I needed to bake the bread sticks for the full 15 minutes.
Then, I returned them to oven for another five minutes of baking after spreading the garlic cheese butter on top.
These low carb cheese bread sticks make a perfect appetizer served with the homemade sauce. So, you’ll want to keep them on your list of favorite party foods.
I used Tuttorosso brand canned tomatoes in the recipe. The result was a taste much better than any pre-made sauce I’ve tasted.
I’m already planning to use it with some homemade low carb meatballs made in the Instant Pot.
Perfect Low Carb Marinara Sauce Recipe – No Sugar Added
★ Follow Me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more keto friendly recipe ideas.
★ Sign up for my NEWSLETTER to get the latest updates and a FREE Meal Plan.
Low Carb Marinara Sauce
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon Tuttorosso Tomato Paste
- 35 ounces Tuttorosso Peeled Plum Italian Style Tomatoes with basil canned
- 1/8 teaspoon Pyure All Purpose or 1/4 teaspoon Swerve
- 5 leaves whole basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic and cook over medium heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring for 1 minute
- Add the peeled plum tomatoes. Stir to combine and then add salt and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Simmer sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally until thickened and reduced, about 30 minutes. Taste and season again with salt and black pepper if needed. Discard basil and garlic cloves. Puree if desired.
- Serve over spaghetti squash or cheese pasta. Top with fresh torn basil leaves and grated fresh Parmesan cheese. Also great to serve with low carb meatballs or cheese bread.
Join my Facebook Group for help with recipes and weight loss support!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.