This sugar free keto pizza sauce is so easy to make from scratch using fresh tomatoes! It’s perfect for pizza, chicken parmesan, or any of your favorite comfort foods.
Have a few extra tomatoes from your garden or some cans in your pantry? Then you probably have everything you need to make this keto pizza sauce recipe!
In the past, I’ve had a hard time finding a good sugar free pizza sauce at the store. That’s what originally inspired me to develop this recipe.
There are a few good brands you can buy now. But this keto pizza sauce is so easy, you may just start making your own from now on. It’s so easy to make from scratch!
You can use fresh or canned tomatoes for this recipe. You can strain the seeds, but I just leave them in. It’s much easier and I don’t notice them.
Then, simply combine the ingredients, cook in the microwave, and puree in a blender or food processor. That’s it!
This keto pizza sauce is perfect for pizza nights or all kinds of Italian comfort foods. Trust me, once you make it, you’ll find tons of uses for it!
How to make keto pizza sauce
This recipe comes together in just a few very easy steps. It requires almost no work at all!
First, we prep the tomatoes:
- To easily skin the tomatoes, start by gently cutting an “X” at the base of each one.
- Place the tomatoes in boiling water for 30-60 seconds.
- Gently remove the skin.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and place in a microwave safe bowl.
Next, we cook and blend the sauce:
- Add the sweetener and seasonings to the tomatoes.
- Cook uncovered in the microwave on MED HIGH to HIGH for about 20-30 minutes, removing excess liquid in the middle of cooking.
- Transfer the tomato mixture into a blender or food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
Your low carb pizza sauce is ready! It can be used immediately or canned for later use.
What pizza sauce is keto
You can find a lot of keto friendly pasta sauces at the store these days. However, sugar free pizza sauces are still hard to find.
One of the best brands is Rao’s Homemade Pizza Sauce. It only has 3 net carbs per ¼ cup and no added sugar. It’s pretty common to find at the store, too!
You could use a sugar free marinara, but it will be thinner than pizza sauce. I personally don’t like substituting pasta sauces on my pizza.
That’s why I usually make my own keto pizza sauce. I know exactly what ingredients are going into it, and I can make extra for future use!
Carbs in tomatoes
Tomatoes are a low sugar fruit, so you can enjoy them in moderation on keto.
A medium tomato is going to have about 4.8 total carbs and 1.5 grams of fiber. So your average tomato will have about 3.3 net carbs.
This recipe calls for 4 pounds of tomatoes and makes 16 servings. At that size, each serving will only have about 3 net carbs.
What to make with sugar free pizza sauce
Now that you have your sauce, what should you make with it?
I have quite a few crust recipes on my site. Once you have the crust and the sauce, you can add toppings to your heart’s desire!
You can check out my almond flour pizza crust, coconut flour pizza crust, almond flour pizza crust with no eggs, or cauliflower pizza crust (keto). There’s a great option for any taste or dietary preference.
Looking for a full recipe that uses my keto pizza sauce? I have plenty of those, too!
- Low Carb Deep Dish Pizza
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Low Carb Skillet Pizza Chicken
- Crustless Pizza with Ham Slices
There are so many great recipes to make with pizza sauce. You could have a different kind of pizza dish every night of the week!
Other recipes to try
Looking for a few more keto sauces and condiments to make at home? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Keto Barbecue Sauce is healthier than the store-bought version, but just as tasty. It’s an essential recipe for grilling season!
- Easy Keto Cheese Sauce is easy to make and perfect drizzled over steamed veggies, low carb chips, or tacos.
- Low Carb Marinara Sauce is another great way to use up tomatoes for your classic italian recipes!
- Low Carb Alfredo is creamy, smooth, and perfect over zoodles or keto friendly fettuccine.
- Sugar Free Ketchup is perfect for burgers, hot dogs, keto french fries, and more!
And if you love Chinese food, you must try making your own homemade hoisin sauce.
Low Carb Keto Pizza Sauce
- 4 pounds tomatoes
- 2 ½ teaspoons Truvia or 2 Tablespoons (3 packets) low carb sweetener
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Skin tomatoes by first gently cutting an “X” at the base and then placing in boiling water for 30-60 seconds.
- After skin has been removed, cut in quarters and place in microwave safe bowl.
- Add sweetener and seasonings.
- Cook uncovered in microwave on MED HIGH to HIGH (depending on wattage) for about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour out excess liquid and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Place tomato mixture into blender or food processor and puree.
- Can be used immediately or canned for later use.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: July 30, 2011… Last Updated: May 12, 2020