I made this chicken summer squash stir fry because it’s been a very good year for summer squash. We planted the Zephyr variety of summer squash which has a yellow stem and a pale green base.
Our zucchini haven’t been doing as well. You can use both zucchini and summer squash in this recipe if you want, just substitute half the squash with zucchini.
- 1 ½ pound skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1 red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon basil
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Cook chicken in hot oil until browned. Reduce heat to low and pour chicken broth over chicken. Put lid on skillet and simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
- Chop squash and pepper into bite-sized chunks. Add squash to chicken mixture and then sprinkle with basil. Put lid back on skillet and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Carbs per serving: 4 g
LOW CARB TIPS and TRICKS
Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Low Carb Tips and Tricks which includes 20 easy to prepare recipes. Plus, get access to the weekly newsletter and special offers only for subscribers!