A basic low carb chicken stir fry without soy sauce. This recipe can be easily adjusted by varying the vegetables and spices.
It’s been such a good year for summer squash. We only planted a few plants, but they are producing more vegetables than we can eat.
I made this low carb chicken stir fry without soy sauce to use up a few of the summer squash from our garden. We planted the Zephyr variety of summer squash which has a yellow stem and a pale green base.
Our zucchini haven’t been doing as well so I didn’t add any into this dish. However, both zucchini and summer squash can be used in this recipe. Just substitute half the squash with zucchini.
This low carb chicken stir fry is seasoned with chicken broth and spices. So there’s no need to add any soy sauce or tamari.
I served the dish with some grated Parmesan cheese on top. I thought it really enhanced the flavor.
Low Carb Chicken Stir Fry Without Soy Sauce Recipe
If you’re looking for a chicken stir fry without soy sauce, you need to give this one a try. For a more traditional Asian version, you can check out my recipe for a chicken and green bean stir fry.
Low Carb Chicken Stir Fry Without Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 pound skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1 red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon basil
- Grated parmesan cheese optional (leave out for AIP)
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Cook chicken in hot oil until browned. Reduce heat to low and pour chicken broth over chicken. Put lid on skillet and simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
- Chop squash and pepper into bite-sized chunks. Add squash to chicken mixture and then sprinkle with basil. Put lid back on skillet and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
FREE eBook! LOW CARB TIPS and TRICKS
Subscribe now to get a copy of Low Carb Tips and Tricks which includes 20 easy recipes. Plus, get access to the weekly newsletter and special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
About LisaLisa has been creating low carb recipes for herself and sharing them with others since 2010. She loves to experiment in the kitchen and find new ways to create low sugar foods that taste like high carb favorites! Her recipes have been featured on popular magazine sites including Fitness, Shape, Country Living, Women's Health, and Men's Health. Lisa lives in Southeastern Connecticut. Connect with her and Low Carb Yum at: