A delicious low-carb gluten-free hamburger pie casserole featuring eggplant. This oven baked dish has a pizza like topping that your family will love.
We had our first eggplant ripen in the garden the other day. And, I was so excited to use it in a new low carb recipe.
I saw a casserole recipe made with a hamburger crust that I wanted to try. So, I modified the recipe to add eggplant. The result was delicious. It reminded me of a moussaka pizza that I used to love eating as a child.
You'll love that this low carb hamburger pie casserole uses seasoned ground beef as the crust. This makes it a super easy dish to prepare.
And, there's no fiddling with any special low carb crust. It's a meal made with every day ingredients so you won't have to worry about not being able to find specialty items.
This hamburger pie casserole is made by layering the ingredients in the dish. And, it uses pizza like toppings that the whole family is sure to love.
The bottom of the pie is seasoned ground beef which is then topped with eggplant, tomato sauce, spices and cheese. It's super easy to make and is full of flavor.
I'm putting this one on the regular dinner rotation. Although you can make this casserole without the eggplant, I think it's a delicious add.
You can change up the cheese if you'd like. But, mozzarella gave this hamburger pie casserole a traditional Italian taste like a pizza pie.
No matter how you slice this one, it's sure to be a winner with your friends and family. If you want a few more ideas for using eggplant, check out these low carb eggplant recipes.
I highly recommend the eggplant parmesan casserole recipe. It's one of my favorites and certainly worth the extra effort needed to bake it.
If you want to make this low carb hamburger pie with eggplant in the middle of the summer, you may not want to turn on the oven. No worries! I've also made this dish successfully in the crock pot. You can see that version here.
What's your favorite dish to make with fresh eggplant? Do you grow this tasty vegetable in your backyard garden?
- Cheeseburger casserole will satisfy your family and guests with its delicious cheeseburger flavor.
- Keto shepherd's pie is a hearty, comforting dish that is perfect for a cool evening.
- Unstuffed pepper casserole is an easier way to get all the flavor you love without taking the time to stuff your bell peppers.
- Keto taco pie is a delicious way to enjoy all the flavors of tacos without the carbs.
- Low-carb taco casserole is a Mexican-inspired dish that will warm your soul and fill you up with comfort food.
Hamburger Pie Casserole with Eggplant
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 cup eggplant , cubed
- 1 can tomatoes , 14.5 ounce, drained
- 1 can tomato sauce , 8 ounce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese , grated
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Sprinkle cut eggplant with salt and let sit in a colander for about 30 minutes. Rinse and then fry until browned.
- Combine ground beef, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Press on bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Top meat with cooked eggplant. Spread tomatoes and sauce over eggplant and sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
Array ( [serving_size] => 1 [calories] => 222 [carbohydrates] => 7 [protein] => 21 [fat] => 13 [saturated_fat] => 6 [cholesterol] => 62 [sodium] => 779 [potassium] => 355 [fiber] => 2 [sugar] => 4 [vitamin_a] => 900 [vitamin_c] => 18.2 [calcium] => 110 [iron] => 2.7 [serving_unit] => slice )
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.