When it comes to low-carb cocktails, it doesn’t get much easier than this keto skinny margarita recipe. You only need three main ingredients and a couple minutes of preparation. The drink is great for winding down after work or sharing with a friend on the weekend.
Do you enjoy drinking cocktails after work or on the weekends? I rarely drink, but I enjoy an occasional drink for special occasions.
To offset the bitter taste of alcohol, many popular mixed drinks add in sugar. But you can easily replace that with a sugar-free simple syrup to make low-carb cocktails like this keto skinny margarita.
What is a skinny margarita?
Cocktails that are “skinny” are low-calorie versions. The primary difference is the amount of sugar they contain. Sweet cocktails like margaritas blend in simple syrup which is basically a mix of sugar and water.
By replacing regular simple syrup with a homemade mixture of low-carb sweetener and water, you eliminate unnecessary calories. A serving of regular simple syrup contains about 50 calories. But the homemade sugar-free syrup is calorie free.
How to make a margarita keto
It takes only a few minutes to make a homemade margarita using these simple steps!
- Squeeze juice from lime into a small bowl.
- Dissolve powdered sweetener in water by whisking together in a small bowl.
- Combine tequila, dissolved sweetener, and lime juice by shaking well in a mason jar or shaker cup.
- Prepare glasses by wetting the rims and dipping into coarse salt. Then add ice into each.
- Divide margarita mixture between two cocktail glasses and garnish with lime.
That’s all there is to making this easy low-carb cocktail!
Carbs in this homemade margarita
A regular margarita typically has about 10-15 grams of net carbs. But eliminating the added sugar can cut that down only 1 gram!
Not only do you save carbs with this easy keto margarita recipe, you’ll save calories too! Each drink has about 102 calories compared to about 150 calories for a regular margarita on the rocks.
How to order a margarita
If you want to order a skinny margarita at a bar or restaurant, you can request it be made with fresh lime juice and not a mix. You also want to skip the simple syrup and add in your own keto sweetener to taste.
Other recipes to try
Looking for a few more low carb drinks to enjoy? Check out some of these recipes:
- Keto Irish Cream is a homemade version of the popular Bailey’s liquor.
- Raspberry limeade low carb non alcoholic drink is a sparkling mocktail for any age to enjoy.
- Keto Lemonade can easily be spiked with a splash of vodka for a refreshing adult drink.
- Strawberry Limeade is another great drink that can be mixed with vodka for a quick cocktail.
- Low-Carb Mojita is a refreshing drink that combines lime juice with mint, vodka, and a splash of club soda.
Keto Skinny Margaritas
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice (about 1 lime) additional for garnish if desired
- 1 Tbsp. Warm water
- 2 Tbsp. Swerve confectioners or low carb sweetener of your choice
- 3 oz. Tequila
- Salt for lining the rim of your glass
- Squeeze the juice of one lime into a small bowl.
- Place the warm water and Swerve sweetener into another bowl and whisk to combine well.
- Pour the tequila, sweetener syrup and lime juice into a shaker cup or mason jar, and shake well to combine.
- Wet the rim of your cocktail glasses, and line with coarse salt.
- Place the ice into your glasses.
- Separate the margarita mixture evenly between your two cocktail glasses and serve with a garnish of fresh lime.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.