Coffee and chocolate lover’s will appreciate this fantastic low carb no bake Irish cream cheesecake. Make in mini size or a full pan of this yummy dessert.
I was looking for an easy dessert to make for our St. Patrick’s Day celebration. My original thought was to bake a cheesecake. But, there’s only a few of us and I didn’t want tons of leftovers. So, I opted to make some mini cheesecakes.
Last week, I made a copycat Irish cream that’s much lower in carbs than the regular liqueur. I thought why not make a no bake Irish cream cheesecake in jars similar to my no key lime bake cheesecake recipe. This way, I could manage portion sizes best.
There isn’t a lot of liqueur in each serving. It’s only about half an ounce which is so little that you can barely taste the alcohol. The Irish cream taste is there with a lot of the chocolate flavor and a hint of coffee.
If you prefer a stronger coffee flavor, simply mix in some instant coffee powder or a concentrate made with the powder. There’s definitely room to adjust the taste to your liking. I like to experiment with a recipe until it suits my own tastes so feel free to adjust the recipe.
For the crust, I used a scaled down version of the one used in my no bake peanut butter cheesecake recipe. It was just enough for my eight little mason jars.
For the filling, I blended some cream cheese and butter with cocoa, sweetener, and flavorings. To lighten it up, I folded in some stabilized whipped cream. This makes it airy like a cheesecake mousse.
These low carb mini no bake Irish cream cheesecake jars look somewhat plain. You can dress them up by topping with whipped cream and some shaved chocolate.
If you want to top each off with whipped cream and store in the refrigerator, you’ll need to stabilize the whipped cream with a little gelatin first. This prevents it from returning to the liquid state and going flat.
The filling should be enough to fill a pie shell as well, but you may need to double the crust ingredients to fill out the bottom of the pan. I like the individual servings better because I tend to go for larger slices than I should with a pie.
Even though this low carb no bake Irish cream cheesecake is a terrific idea for a St. Patrick’s Day, there’s no reason not to enjoy it year round. I really love these cheesecake in-a-jar recipes and they are perfect for parties when made in disposable cups. You may even want to up the liqueur for serving at adult parties or to ring in the new year.
Do you prefer baked or no baked cheesecakes? I like them both and it’s difficult to say which one I like better. For that true cheesecake texture, you really need to bake it.
No Bake Irish Cream Cheesecake
Irish Cream No-Bake Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa, and sweetener.
- Add melted butter, then divide between eight 4 ounce jars or dessert cups.
- Press down to form a crust at the bottom of each cup
- Place cream cheese and butter in microwavable mixing bowl. Cook for 1 minute at high power.
- Beat in cocoa, sweetener, Irish cream and vanilla extract with electric mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whip heavy cream with sweetener until soft peaks form.
- In small cup, sprinkle gelatin over cold water until softened. Add hot water and stir until completely dissolved.
- Continue whipping heavy cream and slowly add dissolved gelatin. Whip until stiff.
- Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into dessert dishes.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and shaved chocolate if desired.
Join my Facebook Group for help with recipes and weight loss support!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.