Coffee and chocolate lovers will appreciate this easy to make no bake Bailey’s Irish cream cheesecake recipe. It can be made in small jars or a pie pan for an easy St. Patrick’s Day dessert.
I was looking for an easy dessert to make for our St. Patrick’s Day celebration. My original thought was to bake a cheesecake. But, there’s only a few of us and I didn’t want tons of leftovers. So, I opted to make some mini cheesecakes.
Last week, I made a keto Irish cream that’s much lower in carbs than the regular liqueur. I thought why not make a no bake Irish cream cheesecake in jars similar to my no key lime bake cheesecake recipe. This way, I could manage portion sizes best.
There isn’t a lot of liqueur in each serving. It’s only about half an ounce which is so little that you can barely taste the alcohol. The Irish cream taste is there with a lot of the chocolate flavor and a hint of coffee.
The recipe is super simple and it can be easily modified if you don’t have any keto friendly flavored liqueur.
Ingredients For Irish Cream Cheesecake
If you’ve made other no-bake cheesecakes, you’ll find the ingredients in this recipe are similar.
Note: The full list of ingredients with amounts is available in the recipe carb below.
For a true cheesecake flavor, you need to add real cream cheese. Full fat is recommended for those on keto but you can use a lower fat cheese as long as the carbs are 1g or less per ounce.
Whipped cream lightens up the texture of the unbaked cream cheese filling. I like to use heavy whipping cream because it has a higher fat content. You can also use double cream which has even more fat.
You can use any sugar substitute in the recipe. Just take a look at the sweetener conversion calculator to convert. I like to use a one-for-one granulated sweetener for the crust and filling and a little powdered sweetener for the whipped cream.
Irish Cream Flavor
Unsweetened cocoa powder is also added to the filling and the crust. If you want to enhance the coffee flavor, you can add some instant espresso or coffee powder.
Both the filling and the crust add butter for flavor and texture. The butter is what binds the no-bake crust together.
You’ll need a finely ground nut or seed flour for the crust. I like to use almond flour but hazelnut or sesame seed flour would work too.
To stabilize the filling and prevent it from going flat, a little bit of gelatin is added. If the cream cheese contains a stabilizer like xanthan gum, you may be able to leave the gelatin out.
How To Make No Bake Bailey’s Cheesecake
Please refer to the printable recipe card below for full instructions.
The recipe is really easy. First you prepare the chocolate almond flour crust then top it off with the cream cheese filling. That’s it!
Prepare The Crust
For the crust, I used a scaled down version of the one used in my no bake peanut butter cheesecake recipe. It was just enough for my eight little mason jars.
To make it, just combine the almond flour, cocoa, sweetener, and melted butter in a bowl. Then press into small serving jars or one pie plate.
Make The Filling
The filling is a blend of cream cheese, butter, cocoa, sweetener, and flavorings. To lighten it up, you fold in stabilized whipped cream. This makes it airy like a cheesecake mousse.
The filling can be spooned or piped on top of the crust if making in jars. Otherwise, you’ll spread it over the pie crust with a rubber spatula.
- Chill the cream. When whipping cream, it whips up better if it’s chilled. It also helps to whip it in a chilled mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer. For a light and fluffy filling, you’ll want to use either a hand held or stand electric mixer. It’s much easier than whipping by hand and gives the best results.
- Do not over whip the cream. The whipped cream is done when you see soft peaks forming. If you over mix it, you may end up with butter.
- Dissolve the gelatin completely. Allow the gelatin to absorb the cold water and swell in size before adding the hot water. The softened gelatin should then dissolve completely after the hot water is mixed in.
How To Serve Irish Cream Cheesecake
You can dress the cheesecake up by topping it with whipped cream and some shaved chocolate. If serving for St. Patrick’s Day, you can even dye the whipped cream green.
If you want to top each off with whipped cream and store in the refrigerator, you’ll need to stabilize the whipped cream with a little gelatin first. This prevents it from returning to the liquid state and going flat.
The filling should be enough to fill a pie shell as well, but you may need to double the crust ingredients to fill out the bottom of the pan. I like the individual servings better because I tend to go for larger slices than I should with a pie.
The mini cheesecake in-a-jar servings are perfect for parties when made in disposable cups. You may even want to up the liqueur for serving at adult parties or to ring in the new year.
Frequently Asked Questions About Irish Cheesecake
Before getting to the recipe, I will address some common questions about making this no-bake cheesecake.
What can you substitute for Irish Cream?
As mentioned above, you can use a teaspoon or two of Irish cream flavoring or extract instead of the liqueur. You can also use 2 tablespoons whiskey and 6 tablespoons heavy cream in place of the half cup of Irish cream.
How should leftovers be stored?
The cheesecake should keep for at least 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator. For longer storage, it will last for at least 3 months in the freezer.
More Keto Friendly Cheesecakes
Do you prefer baked or no baked cheesecakes? I like them both. Be sure to check out more of these easy low-carb dessert recipes.
- No Bake Banana Split Cake has all the flavors you love about the ice cream sundae but in cheesecake form.
- Keto Cheesecake Bites have zero gram net carbs each making them a great sweet ketogenic snack.
- Quick Keto Cheesecake (No Bake) is the perfect cheesecake for summer as there’s no need to turn on the oven.
- Cheesecake Fat Bombs are quick and easy to make for fast bite-sized treats any time.
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Cups. have all the flavor of peanut butter cups with the added taste of cheesecake.
Irish Cream No-Bake Cheesecake
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa, and sweetener.
- Add melted butter, then divide between eight 4 ounce jars or dessert cups.
- Press down to form a crust at the bottom of each cup
- Place cream cheese and butter in microwavable mixing bowl. Cook for 1 minute at high power.
- Beat in cocoa, sweetener, Irish cream and vanilla extract with electric mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whip heavy cream with sweetener until soft peaks form.
- In small cup, sprinkle gelatin over cold water until softened. Add hot water and stir until completely dissolved.
- Continue whipping heavy cream and slowly add dissolved gelatin. Whip until stiff.
- Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into dessert dishes.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and shaved chocolate if desired.
Array ( [serving_size] => 110 [calories] => 522 [carbohydrates] => 7.2 [protein] => 6.5 [fat] => 42.4 [saturated_fat] => 23.8 [cholesterol] => 123 [sodium] => 168 [fiber] => 2.2 )
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First published on March 9, 2016. Post updated on March 19, 2021, with new photos and additional recipe information.