These homemade sugar free keto gummy bears are not only cute and delicious, they’re also zero carb! This yummy snack is a great way to eat more healthy gelatin.
Who doesn’t love snacking on some gummies?
Now, you can enjoy them any time you like with this keto gummy bears recipe! These gummies are made with zero carb, low calorie ingredients for guilt-free snacking. Plus, they’re made with healthy gelatin.
When I created this recipe, I really wanted a bear shape. I ended up buying this Candy maker at Amazon because it was the only mold I could find.
The size of the bears are probably twice the size of regular gummy bears. But it makes it much easier for pouring the liquid in.
It also comes with molds for worms and fish, which are closer to normal size. So I think it’s a great option for making gummy shaped candies.
Once you have your mold, it’s so easy to make sugar free gummies right at home. Simply heat your liquid, stir in the gelatin and sweetener, add any desired extract, then pour into the molds to set. The whole process takes 10 minutes or less!
I like to use an herbal fruit tea that has zero carbs or calories for the liquid. However, any fruit flavored drink or juice can be substituted for the tea.
Stevia sweetened vitamin water would work well. Since it’s already sweetened, you would want to reduce or omit the extra sweetener in the recipe.
How to make gummies
This keto gummies recipe is so simple. I love throwing a batch together to keep in my fridge for easy snacking all week!
First, brew your tea. (If you’re using pre-made liquid, skip to step 3)
- Steep tea bags in hot boiling water for about 6 minutes.
- Squeeze the tea out of the tea bags, then discard the bags.
- Pour one cup of tea into a small sauce pan on the stove.
Next, add the gelatin and pour the gummies.
- Whisk the gelatin and sweetener into the sauce pan.
- Heat and stir the gelatin mixture over medium heat until the liquid is thin and there are no gelatin clumps.
- Remove the sauce pan from heat and stir in the fruit extract.
- Pour the liquid into silicone molds.
- Place the molds in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to set.
Your keto gummies are now ready to enjoy!
Once you remove them from the mold, I recommend storing them in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for up to a week. You can also freeze them for longer storage.
Can you buy sugar free gummies?
There are a few brands that carry sugar free, low-carb gummies. However, I haven’t found any that don’t cause digestive issues for me.
Smart Sweets is one of the most popular. They sell bears, sweet fish gummies, peach rings, and more. But the fiber sweetener used in them is known to impact blood sugar levels so I don’t recommend them.
Other brands use maltitol which isn’t keto friendly. That’s why I prefer to use my sugar-free gummy bears recipe. It doesn’t have any impacting carbs and is very budget friendly.
How many can you eat at a time
Your serving size is going to depend on the gummy molds that you use. With the mold I use, I consider 4 pieces a serving, and this keto gummy bears recipe makes 12 total servings.
At that size, each serving is 15 calories, 4 grams of protein, and zero carbs. How great is that?
Even if you ate the whole recipe in one sitting, it will only be 180 calories! But keep in mind that it would also be 48 grams of protein.
Since these gummies are so low in calories and carbs, you can really eat as many as you want. Just make sure you don’t overdo it on the protein.
Carbs in these homemade gummies
The carbs in this keto gummies recipe will depend on what liquid you use. If you use an herbal fruit tea or other zero carb drink, then your snack will be zero carbs!
These gummies are one of my favorite snacks to keep in the fridge. They’re a fun way to eat more healthy gelatin, plus they have zero carbs and very low calories.
When it comes to macros, they are pretty much a “free” snack. So give this sugar free gummy bears recipe a try for a guiltless sweet treat.
Other recipes to try
Looking for more low carb candy recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Sugar Free Peanut Butter Fudge made with cream cheese has a smooth, creamy texture for an absolutely delicious sugar free fudge.
- Keto Tootsie Rolls are a fun way to enjoy a low carb version of the popular chocolate chewy candy!
- Sugar Free White Chocolate is so easy to make and has less than 1 net carb per serving for guilt free indulgence!
- Peanut Butter Chips are a snap to make and are great for snacking or to use in baking.
- Chocolate Covered Coconut Candy topped with almonds are delicious low carb candy bites!
Sugar-Free Keto Gummy Bears
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- Steep tea bags in hot boiling water for about six minutes.
- Squeeze tea out of tea bags and discard bags.
- Pour one cup of tea into small sauce pan.
- Whisk gelatin and sweetener into tea.
- Heat and stir gelatin mixture on medium heat until liquid is thin and there are no gelatin clumps.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in fruit extract.
- Pour into silicone molds.
- Place filled molds into refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove gummy candies from mold. Keep stored in the refrigerator.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: March 25, 2015…. Last Updated: June 10, 2020