No bake peanut butter cheesecake can be enjoyed any time of year. It’s a low carb keto cheesecake to satisfy cravings for peanut butter and chocolate.
You’ll want to take this low carb dessert to all your summer gatherings. But, it’s also a recipe that can be made year round. Even family and friends who aren’t cutting carbs will gobble down this tasty sugar free cheesecake.
With the heat of summer, no one wants to be turning on a hot oven to bake a traditional cheesecake. So this is sure to become a regular when you need a quick and easy summer dessert to share.
How to make no bake peanut butter cheesecake
I made the keto peanut butter cheesecake in a springform pan to give the look of a baked cheesecake. But, unlike a traditional cheesecake, it sets in the refrigerator.
I considered making this in a pie pan like I usually do for no bake cheesecakes. But I thought it would give a much better presentation using a springform pan, and it certainly does. However, you can make a traditional pie crust if you prefer.
The gluten free crust is just a mix of almond flour, cocoa, sweetener, and butter. To make for easier cleanup, everything is mixed inside the pan and then just pressed in.
When making the crust, I find it easiest to press the crust down with my hand. I do cover my fingers with a plastic baggie so the crust mix doesn’t stick to my hand.
The cheesecake filling
When making the filling, you’ll want to make sure that both the cream cheese and peanut butter are at room temperature. If cold, it the ingredients can be difficult to combine into a creamy mixture. But to save time, you can microwave both for about 30 seconds to warm them up.
Sweetened stabilized whipped cream is perfect for making no bake desserts. It’s just heavy cream whipped with gelatin added to prevent it from deflating. But if you’d prefer not to use gelatin, ¼ to ½ teaspoon of cream of tartar can be used instead.
Fresh whipped cream also gives the dessert a light and airy texture. However, it needs to be gently folded into the peanut butter cream cheese mixture to keep it fluffy.
Once the filling is made, simply spread it out over the crust in the pan then chill. It should be ready to serve in about 2 to 4 hours.
Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe Variations
I like to use creamy peanut butter in the recipe, but you can certainly use chunky. And if you’re avoiding peanuts, you can use a different nut or seed butter. I really like using sunflower seed butter.
If you want to cut back on carbs, you can always omit the crust. Just spoon the filling into individual dessert cups. However, it’s more of a peanut butter mousse if you do that.
Without the crust, I’d serve it with drizzled chocolate or sprinkle each serving with chocolate chips. That’s because chocolate really enhances the flavor and color of peanut butter desserts.
Adding a chocolate ganache
I wasn’t planning on adding chocolate to the top of this cheesecake. But when the cheesecake looked really plain when the springform pan side was removed. The cheesecake was begging for some color on top.
I thought about just sprinkling on some homemade stevia sweetened chocolate chips to give a contrasting color, but I knew that might add too many carbs. So, I made a small amount of chocolate ganache to drizzle over the top which really dressed it up.
The chocolate ganache will harden in the refrigerator. But you can drizzle it on just before serving if you want it to stay liquid.
You can also omit the chocolate drizzle or coat the entire top of the cheesecake with chocolate if you wish. Either way, everyone is sure to enjoy this rich and creamy cheesecake!
Other Recipes to Try
If you love this recipe, you may be interested in trying these other luscious treats:
- Low Carb Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Keto Peanut Butter Pie
- Cool Whip Keto Frozen Peanut Butter Treats
- Easy Chocolate Mousse Pie with Peanut Butter Pie Crust
My friend Adrienne over at Whole New Mom also has a quick and easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding that looks fabulous and whips up in no time.
Enjoy this simple no bake cheesecake and be sure to leave a comment if you do give it a try!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Stabilized whipped cream:
- 24 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup low carb sugar substitute or Swerve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Confectioners Powdered Sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix crust ingredients in 9-inch springform pan. Press down to form crust
Stabilized Whipped Cream:
- In a small pan, combine gelatin and cold water; let stand until thick.
- Place over low heat, stirring constantly, just until the gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from heat; cool (do not allow it to set).
- Whip the cream with the powdered sweetener, until slightly thick.
- While slowly beating, add the gelatin to whipping cream.
- Whip at high speed until stiff. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla, and peanut butter in a large bowl with electric mixer until well combined.
- Gently fold in stabilized whipped cream.
- Pour filling over crust and smooth top with rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Run knife along edge of cheesecake in pan, then remove springform side.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan or microwave.
- Stir in powdered sweetener and vanilla.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over top of cheesecake.
Array ( [serving_size] => 1 [calories] => 439 [carbohydrates] => 9 [protein] => 10 [fat] => 42 [saturated_fat] => 18 [cholesterol] => 82 [sodium] => 286 [potassium] => 242 [fiber] => 3 [sugar] => 3 [vitamin_a] => 965 [vitamin_c] => 0.1 [calcium] => 88 [iron] => 1.5 [serving_unit] => slice )
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.