These keto air fryer pork chops are breaded with pork rinds, so they are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. They are so easy to make that you'll want to make them again and again!
One of my favorite types of comfort food is a crispy pork chop. There is just something so satisfying about the crunchy breading and tender meat inside.
The best thing about these pork chops is that you don't have to deal with hot oil and grease. You will make them in the air fryer. They are so simple!
Have you ever had those Bake n Shake pork chops? They were popular when I was younger. Basically, it was a simple way to get crispy pork chops without being fried. Everything came in the box - the seasoning and bread crumbs. What's great about this product was that it gave the pork chops a fantastic flavor and also a fun crunchy crust.
For these "fried" bone-in pork chops, you use the air fryer to crisp the outsides and use pork rinds as the bread crumbs. With this recipe, you are going to feel like you are eating whatever you want, but without the carbs to throw your healthy eating plan off course.
Ingredients Needed For Keto Air Fryer Pork Chops
This is a very simple recipe. The only ingredients you need are the pork chops, the pork rinds, and my blend of spices.
I used bone-in pork chops that were about ¼-inch thick. If your pork chops are too thick, they will take a lot longer to cook. So, pay close attention to the cut.
You can use boneless pork chops too. Just know that the thickness of the pork will change the cooking times.
For the breading, I just used some finely crushed pork rinds. You can either put a bag of pork rinds through a food processor or just smash them while they are still in their bag.
You can also use this recipe for keto breadcrumbs!
I also used some of my favorite spices - these are the ones I always go to whenever I season any kind of pork. My favorite spices for pork chops are parsley, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and allspice.
Please note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low-carb recipe.
- Change the flavor of the pork chops by using flavored pork rinds.
- To cook in the oven, bake at 425°F for 15 minutes and then flip and bake for 6-7 minutes more, or until fully cooked.
- Use an instant-read food thermometer to tell when the pork chops are fully cooked. Pork should be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F with a 3 minute rest.
How To Cook Pork Chops In The Air Fryer
The entire recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. However, I wanted to share some additional tips first that will help your pork chops turn out perfectly!
Drizzle The Pork Chops With Olive Oil
The first step is to drizzle the pork chops with olive oil. This will help the pork rind breading really stick to the meat well. You can use your favorite type of oil - even avocado oil or ghee will work.
Coat With Seasoned Pork Rinds
Mix the crushed pork rinds on a flat plate with the spices. Make sure they are all combined. Then, coat the chops in this seasoned pork rind mixture.
Cook In The Air Fryer
Now you are ready to cook the pork chops! Place them in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer. Cook them at 400°F for about 12 minutes, then flip them over and bake for another 5 minutes.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Pork Chops
If you'd like to have a traditional meal eating low carb, then you can serve mashed cauliflower on the side. You can also make fried cauliflower bites. They are slightly spicy and a lot of fun to eat.
Anything that you love and enjoy can be paired with these low-carb pork chops. My personal favorite is to serve some cheesy zucchini gratin on the side!
Frequently Asked Questions About Keto Pork Chops
Before we get to the printable recipe card, I want to answer a few questions people have about how to make low-carb breaded pork chops in the air fryer. If you don't see your question here, leave it in the comments.
What are some ways I can change the flavor of the pork chops?
If you love these air fryer pork chops but want to change the flavors of the recipe, you can do any of these easy ideas:
- Switch up the herbs: If you have a favorite flavor profile, you can certainly use that to season these pork chops.
- Use flavored pork rinds: If you like pork rinds that are different flavors, like ranch or BBQ, these can be used to add an additional layer of flavor to the pork chops.
If you have been looking for a lower fat version of your favorite crispy fried pork chops, then making this air fryer recipe is the way to go.
How do I make these with thicker pork chops?
If you are using a thicker cut of pork chops, the cooking time will need to be adjusted up to about 8 minutes after flipping.
Always use an instant-read meat thermometer to determine whether your meat is fully cooked. Pork needs to be cooked to at least 145°F.
How do I store breaded pork chops?
Breaded pork chops will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer for about 5 minutes, and they will get crispy again.
Other Fried Keto Recipes To Try
If you enjoyed these air fryer pork chops, then I have some more fun keto-friendly recipes that use pork rinds. Try these next, you are going to enjoy them!
- Low-Carb Stuffing is a fantastic side dish any time of year, but especially around Thanksgiving.
- Keto Salmon Patties are a delicious lunch or dinner idea - serve it with some cauliflower rice.
- Air Fryer Keto Fried Chicken is another easy recipe that uses your air fryer, and the chicken comes out so crispy.
- Easy Crab Cakes are a very popular seafood treat with the unmistakable Old Bay seasoning in it.
- Salmon Loaf is delicious as part of your meal prep or a healthy dinner idea.
Keto Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops
- 4 bone In pork chops about ¼-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups finely crushed pork rinds Finely Crushed
- olive oil
- In a medium size bowl (needs to be big enough to dip the pork chops iadd pork rinds, parsley, paprika, onion and garlic powders and all spice. Whisk until combined.
- Drizzle each pork chop on both sides with olive oil, ensuring to cover it all as the pork rinds are going to stick to the olive oil.
- Place each pork chop in the pork rind mixture, coating it entirely on both sides.
- Place pork chops in air fryer, ensuring not to over crowd.
- Set air fryer to 400° for 12 minutes. Once done flip the pork chop over and cook for another 5 minutes at 400°.
Array ( [calories] => 371 [carbohydrates] => 1 [protein] => 44 [fat] => 20 [saturated_fat] => 7 [cholesterol] => 130 [sodium] => 352 [potassium] => 604 [fiber] => 1 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 285 [calcium] => 36 [iron] => 1.3 )
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First published on May 30, 2019. Post updated on August 26, 2021, with new images and additional recipe information.