If you need a healthy dish that is quick to make, these buffalo cauliflower bites are just the thing. They make a tasty side for most meals or a delicious main course all on their own. Don't forget the ranch!
These cauliflower bites are kid-approved - they'd never guess they were made from a vegetable! They require very minimal prep work and can be tossed into the air fryer for a fast meal on the go.
Full of buffalo flavor but without the chicken wings, buffalo cauliflower bites are a great way of getting more veggies into your diet!
Just like my keto buffalo chicken casserole, this simple recipe for buffalo cauliflower bites can be made even when you only have a limited amount of time to cook. It is fast, delicious, and satisfying when you need a quick meal.
Here's what you need:
The main ingredient in these air fryer buffalo cauliflower bites is cauliflower - preferably a very large head of cauliflower.
White cauliflower is the most common type used to make bites, but you can use any kind.
Almond flour is the base of our batter. It will not only make these bites keto-friendly but will also add some texture to the batter giving them their breaded feel.
Coating the cauliflower in eggs because will help our batter to really stick to the pieces of cauliflower. They will also help the bites get nice and crispy in the air fryer.
Heavy Whipping Cream
This will add richness to the batter and help everything stick to the cauliflower as well. Heavy whipping cream also adds some necessary fats into the recipe.
Buffalo Wing Sauce
The buffalo wing sauce is what is going to really step this dish up and give it that familiar explosion of flavor! This sauce is going to be the coating for the cauliflower bites once they have cooked, guaranteeing a delicious buffalo taste (and a hint of heat).
In this recipe, you will need seasonings such as garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. These are all going to help to further season the cauliflower bites, making them extra flavorful.
Please Note: Check out the bottom of this post for the full recipe card and instructions.
💭 Quick tips
- To change up the flavor of these keto buffalo cauliflower bites, you can use a different kind of sauce. Barbecue is another great option!
- If you don't have almond flour, you could also use coconut flour or oat flour. The texture will be different, but they will both work just as well.
- For even more flavor, you could add some additional seasonings. Onion powder, chili, and poultry seasoning are all great options.
Please Note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low-carb recipe.
These keto buffalo cauliflower bites only require a few minutes of prep work are very simple to make. In just a few quick steps, you'll be enjoying these yummy keto-friendly buffalo bites!
Prep The Ingredients
Start by preheating your air fryer to 375°F. Then, make your batter by combining all of the ingredients except the cauliflower and buffalo sauce.
Make sure everything is mixed thoroughly, and there are no lumps. Add water to the batter if it is too thick.
Batter The Cauliflower
Toss your chopped cauliflower segments in the batter, making sure that every piece is evenly coated.
Spread a single layer of battered cauliflower in your air fryer.
Cook the Cauliflower Bites
Cook the cauliflower bites for 10 minutes, turning them over after the first 5 minutes. If they start to get too brown, turn down the heat slightly.
After 10 minutes, remove the cauliflower and toss them in the buffalo sauce until evenly coated. Then, put them back in the air fryer for 5 more minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
What To Serve With Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites
These buffalo cauliflower bites make a delicious side dish for any lunch or dinner. You could try it out alongside this air fryer chicken or this keto cobb salad! Or, keep the theme going and serve them with slow cooker buffalo chicken.
If you want to double your vegetable intake, it would even go well alongside some cheesy keto cauliflower rice. The more veggies, the better!
You could also make a meal of these cauliflower bites and pair them with a simple salad or some steamed vegetables for a healthy and quick meal.
Before we get to the printable recipe card, here are some questions people often ask about these air fryer keto buffalo chicken bites.
Will any buffalo sauce work?
Yes, any type of buffalo sauce will work. Just make sure you check the ingredients if you are eating low-carb since some buffalo sauces aren’t keto-friendly.
Can I make these buffalo bites in the oven?
You can make these cauliflower buffalo bites in the oven, it will just take a little longer. The process is exactly the same, only they will need at least 30 minutes in the oven in order to cook through.
They won't be as crispy, but they will still be very delicious!
How long will cauliflower bites last?
These keto buffalo cauliflower bites can last 3 to 4 days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. You will want to either toss them in the air fryer or oven for a few minutes for them to get crispy again.
📚 Related recipes
If you loved these buffalo cauliflower bites, you should try more of these easy air fryer recipes!
- Low-Carb Keto Fried Chicken is perfectly moist and tender chicken cooked in the air fryer or the oven.
- Keto Air Fryer Fried Pickles are crispy, salty, and tangy, battered and air-fried to perfection.
- Salt And Vinegar Wings have that familiar flavor you love and make a great appetizer.
- Keto Pepperoni Chips are zero-carb snacks that can be made in the microwave, oven, or air fryer.
- Bacon-Wrapped Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers are deliciously rich and creamy - filled with cream cheese.
- Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus is a quick side dish that you can have ready in just five minutes!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites (Air Fryer)
- 1 head cauliflower cut into larger florets
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an airfryer to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, almond flour, garlic powder, paprika, heavy whipping cream, and salt and pepper to taste. If the batter is super thick, you can add water as needed until it thins out a bit.
- Place the cauliflower into the bowl, and toss to coat well in the batter.
- Put a single layer of the coated cauliflower bites into the air fryer, and cook for about 10 minutes, turning halfway through. Do not let the bites get too browned, you can reduce the cooking time if needed.
- Remove the bites, place them into a bowl, and toss in the buffalo sauce.
- Return the bites to the air fryer for another 5 minutes and then serve.
Array ( [calories] => 205 [carbohydrates] => 11 [protein] => 8 [fat] => 16 [saturated_fat] => 6 [polyunsaturated_fat] => 1 [monounsaturated_fat] => 3 [trans_fat] => 1 [cholesterol] => 74 [sodium] => 529 [potassium] => 477 [fiber] => 5 [sugar] => 3 [vitamin_a] => 482 [vitamin_c] => 69 [calcium] => 82 [iron] => 1 )
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.