A simple chicken in white sauce is such and easy dish to make. And, the creamy sauce is dairy-free, low carb, keto, and gluten-free.
This is a guest post written by Aaron Day, founder of Fat For Weight Loss. I like to call him the Keto Breadmaster as he has some of the best low carb bread recipes you will ever try. Be sure to follow him on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube! ~ Lisa
Chicken breast is a tough protein to master, However once you know the tricks to keeping it moist, this recipe will easily find its way into your household’s favourites list.
A good white sauce will carry many flavours, and subtly lure in your taste buds. The sauce can bring a succulent chicken breast to life with its aromatic consistency. And, it can also bring a dry overdone chicken breast back to life. So there is no need to fuss with this simple chicken in white sauce recipe, as it is pretty hard to get wrong.
A unique and creative recipe always comes with a limited set of ingredients, tools or nutritional requirements. For this recipe, I chose to make something that was dairy free, harnessing the full ketogenic power of coconut to bring this classic recipe to life.
This chicken in white sauce recipe combines the flavour of coconut, along with a velvety soft mushroom texture combined with crisp snappy fresh green beans and a touch of white wine.
Why use white wine in a white sauce? Well, I’ve used a dry white wine to add flavour and zest, but it also comes in handy if there is a spare glass lying around to drink whilst cooking.
For best results, use a variety such as Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc or Unoaked Chardonnay with a moderate alcoholic content around 10% and a moderate acidity level. If you can’t find anything suitable, stop kidding yourself and get the first white wine you come across. I’m sure it will taste good regardless!
Lastly, I want to thank Lisa for this honourable recipe opportunity. LowCarbYum has been a favourite food blog of mine, as Lisa creates recipes that you are not only convenient, but simply robust in their creation. A recipe from LowCarbYum always stands the test of time and often finds its way into your everyday diet without any stress.
Easy Keto Chicken in White Sauce Recipe
Chicken in white sauce
- 4 Chicken Breasts Medium Size
- 1 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 300 g Mushrooms
- 300 g Green Beans Halved
- 2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Fresh Thyme Chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 355F (180C).
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat with half the amount of olive oil required for the recipe, add the chicken breasts and cook each side for 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken on your favourite baking tray lined with baking paper. Cook for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, in the same frying pan, slice the mushrooms and slightly brown them using the reaining olive oil and garlic.
- Add the Beans, coconut cream, white wine, dijon mustard, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix around in the pan and reduce to a simmer. The sauce should be quite watery to start with, and will reduce to a lovely creamy sauce.
- Once the chicken has reached 15 mins, remove from the oven. Plate the chicken and cover with sauce, mushrooms and beans. Enjoy!
- Net Carbs 7g
- % Carbs: 8.5%
- % Protein: 9.7%
- % Fat: 81.8%
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.