You will love these healthier low carb coconut flour gluten free zucchini fritters. Serve them as an appetizer or a side to compliment your meal.
I’m not very good a planning and many times I get very disorganized. I think it’s because I try to do so many things at once.
I like to keep myself really busy and I typically just do things as I go. I’ve never had a great memory either so I tend to forget what I need to do which is how I ended up making these gluten free zucchini fritters.
I’m the kind of person who NEEDS to write things down in lists. I’ve tried so many times to get organized and have my lists typed up on my iPhone. It never seems to work out and I have to rely on what I can remember.
One of the things I really need a list for that rarely happens is grocery shopping. My husband knows he needs to write a list if he expects me to buy certain items for him.
Otherwise, I’ll just buy the things I remember that I need. I often buy items at the grocery store thinking that it will be good for a particular use, but end up forgetting and then using it for something else.
Here’s a perfect example: I bought a couple organic zucchini planning to use them for zoodles. But, I ended up make low carb coconut flour gluten free zucchini fritters instead.
I suppose it’s not always a bad thing that my mind is constantly shifting gears. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have discovered these super yummy low carb fritters.
I ended up making these coconut flour zucchini fritters for breakfast last weekend to serve with some eggs. They are a very nice alternative to breakfast potatoes.
You could probably serve these gluten free zucchini fritters alone as they are pretty filling. I ate three of them with a scrambled egg. The leftovers were great work day breakfasts.
I didn’t even bother heating up the leftovers. These low carb zucchini fritters are delicious straight out of the refrigerator. I threw them in my cooler bag and ate them cold when I got to the office in the morning.
You may even be able to sneak some vegetables into your kids with these coconut flour gluten free zucchini fritters. There is a hint of green from the zucchini, but you can always tell them its a spice herb.
Low Carb Coconut Flour Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Coconut Flour Zucchini Fritters - Gluten Free
- 2 small zucchini about 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Grate the zucchini into a colander, toss with the sea salt and allow to drain 10 minutes.
- Dump zucchini into a clean kitchen towel. Wrap towel around zucchini and gently squeeze over sink to remove excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine zucchini, eggs, parmesan cheese, coconut flour, parsley and garlic powder with a spoon. Set batter aside.
- Heat about 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet.
- Drop spoonfuls of zucchini fritter batter into hot oil. Fry each side until browned, flattening with spatula as you go.
- When both sides are nicely browned, remove from pan and drain fritters on paper towels.
2.8g net carbs
- Net Carbs 2.8g
- % Carbs: 9.8%
- % Protein: 36%
- % Fat: 54.2%
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.