This easy crustless zucchini quiche is a delicious way to enjoy eggs and veggies for breakfast! It only takes 10 minutes to prep and makes enough for the whole family plus leftovers.
I love making low carb quiches for my family. They’re always a crowd pleaser, and the leftovers usually last us several days.
So when I had some extra zucchini from my garden I needed to use, I thought why not?
This easy crustless zucchini quiche is a perfect way to include some veggies with breakfast. Even my youngest couldn’t resist! The eggs and cheese are so delicious, she barely noticed the zucchini.
And you’ll never believe how easy it is to make. In fact, prepping this quiche takes me less than 10 minutes. Even on the busiest mornings, I can find time to throw it together.
You simply grease a pie plate, combine the ingredients, and bake it until set. Then, you’ll have enough breakfast to feed your whole family and still have leftovers!
Making a Crustless Zucchini Pie
Because you don’t have to fuss with a crust, this zucchini quiche can be prepped in 10 minutes or less.
- Get oven and zucchini ready. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9.5-inch pie plate. Grate the zucchini, then use a towel to squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Make the egg mixture. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer to pan and bake. Pour the batter into the prepared pie plate. Place the quiche in the oven and bake at 350°F for 45-60 minutes or until fully set. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
Once it has cooled slightly, you’re ready to slice and serve!
Be sure to let any leftovers cool completely before storing. Covering the crustless zucchini pie while it’s still warm will cause condensation, which can make the filling mushy.
Once the quiche cools, you can cover the leftovers and store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze your quiche for longer storage. I recommend freezing it in slices so you can easily grab one piece at a time!
Carbs in Zucchini
Zucchinis are considered a low carb vegetable. That’s why you’ll find them in a lot of keto recipes on this site like my zucchini pizza boats, zucchini au gratin, and zucchini noodles recipe with chicken.
So how many carbs do they add to this quiche?
The full recipe calls for two medium zucchinis. That amount comes out to about 10 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fiber total.
So there are only 6 net carbs from the zucchinis in the entire quiche. And I highly doubt you’ll be eating the whole quiche yourself in one sitting!
Some quiches are made with a flaky pastry crust. My ham and broccoli quiche has an almond flour, coconut flour, and parmesan crust. I also have a cauliflower crust quiche with a bacon cheddar filling.
The crust can be tasty, but it’s definitely extra work. Plus, it increases the carb count for the dish.
That’s why I decided to make this zucchini quiche without a crust. The filling is so tasty and satisfying, no one seems to miss it!
To keep the recipe simple, I decided not to add any meat. I think it gets plenty of flavor from the current ingredients.
But if you wanted to add some protein, there are plenty of options that would be delicious! Sausage, ham, or bacon would all be tasty additions.
Zucchini is a very versatile vegetable, so it will go well with most ingredients.
Other Recipes to Try
Looking for more keto breakfasts to make for a crowd or to meal prep for the week? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Crustless Broccoli Cheese Quiche takes just minutes to prep and tastes absolutely delicious!
- Low-Carb Banana Muffins are only 4 net carbs each and packed with good fats for a tasty morning treat.
- Paleo Egg Casserole is an easy breakfast bake that’s bursting with flavor and packed with healthy veggies!
- Keto Breakfast Muffins made with eggs, cottage cheese, and bacon are a tasty and satisfying breakfast you can enjoy all week.
- Coconut Flour Donuts with chocolate icing taste like you’re cheating but are only 3 net carbs each!
Shredded Zucchini Quiche Recipe
This crustless zucchini quiche is an easy and delicious breakfast that includes something green. It’s great to feed your family or a group for several days.
You can also whip up a batch to store in the freezer to have a tasty breakfast ready any time you like!
Crustless Zucchini Quiche
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups shredded zucchini about 2 medium
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened or melted (butter or ghee works too)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced dry onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9.5-inch pie plate.
- Remove the excess moisture from the grated zucchini before using for best results. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl then pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-60 minutes or until fully set.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: September 27, 2018… Last Updated: July 9, 2020