This easy to make keto-friendly ham and broccoli quiche is a filling dish that fits any meal. The gluten-free crust adds just 1g net carb to the savory egg custard.
I usually make keto quiche crustless to save on carbs. But this time I wanted to bake one with an almond flour based crust.
It did give the dish a nice crisp edge at the bottom as well as an added nutty flavor. However, you can leave it out if you’d rather not have the extra carbs.
I made this ham and broccoli quiche for a simple dinner. The vegetable adds a nice color and ups the nutrition for a complete meal.
This recipe is similar to my crustless spinach cheese pie which is another great dish to make ahead. Both are perfect for quick meals on busy mornings. It takes only a minute or so to heat up a slice in the microwave!
Preparing the keto-friendly crust
- Combine crust ingredients. Mix almond flour, parmesan cheese, coconut flour, butter, and egg in a medium bowl with fork until dough forms.
- Press dough into baking pan. Using your fingers or spoon, press the dough out onto the bottom of a pie plate or tart pan
- Bake crust. Place in a preheated 350°F oven for about ten minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Making the ham and broccoli quiche filling
- Combine liquid ingredients. In a large bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper. Then whisk in cream.
- Add dry ingredients. Stir in the ham, broccoli, and grated cheese.
- Top crust with filling mixture. Pour the egg mixture over the baked crust. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake quiche. Place in preheated 400°F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more until filling is set and top is golden.
What’s the best cheese to use?
I like to use grated cheddar in broccoli and ham quiche but other types work well too. Swiss and Gruyère are also great choices. You can use a blend too.
I also added a little mozzarella cheese on top of this ham and broccoli quiche to give it a nice brown color. Parmesan cheese would be another option if you don’t have any mozzarella. Or, you can simply omit the cheese topping.
I often buy different specialty cheeses at our local Aldi store. They offer many gourmet cheese varieties at prices that are hard to beat!
Low-carb quiche is a popular dish with those on keto. This broccoli, ham, and cheese quiche will not disappoint.
There’s plenty of room to customize this quiche with add-ins like mushrooms, peppers, and onions. A frozen blend of broccoli and cauliflower works well too.
You can also up the seasonings by adding garlic and smoked paprika. But I prefer keeping the dish simple.
Quiche can be enjoyed hot or cold. So there’s no need to reheat the leftovers!
Other dishes to try
Quiche is perfect for repurposing ham leftover from dinner, but the following dishes are favorites too.
- Low-Carb Ham Casserole is a cheesy bake that combines ham and cauliflower.
- Keto Ham Soup is a hearty stew with mock potatoes and a creamy base.
- Cauliflower Rice Casserole is a cheesy dish that adds in spinach and riced cauliflower.
- Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole combines ham with chicken in a creamy cheese sauce.
- Cheese Bites are quick and easy baked rounds that make a great appetizer.
Ham and Broccoli Quiche (Keto, Gluten-Free)
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups cubed ham
- ½ cup broccoli cooked and chopped
- 3 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese optional
- In medium bowl, combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, coconut flour, butter, and egg.
- Press into a 9-inch glass pie dish with fingers or back of a spoon.
- Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper. Beat in cream.
- Stir in ham, broccoli and cheddar cheese.
- Pour filling mixture over crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, if using.
- Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees F (200 C). Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (160 C); bake for 20-25 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Array ( [serving_size] => 1 [calories] => 316 [carbohydrates] => 4 [protein] => 14 [fat] => 27 [saturated_fat] => 14 [cholesterol] => 163 [sodium] => 591 [potassium] => 84 [fiber] => 1 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 895 [vitamin_c] => 5.3 [calcium] => 201 [iron] => 1 [serving_unit] => slice )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: September 10, 2010… Last Updated: May 24, 2020