Eggs are a staple in the low carb diet. I made this zucchini squash frittata with parmesan cheese, but I think it would be better with cheddar.
This is nice to make ahead and slice for an easy breakfast before work. We’ve been eating a lot of summer squash as we have a really good crop this year in the garden.
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced and steamed
- 2 cups yellow squash, sliced and steamed
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup grated parmesan (or cheddar) cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sauté onions in oil until golden brown.
- Spray or lightly oil 10 inch round casserole.
- Drain any liquid from steamed vegetables then place in prepared casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with grated Parmesan cheese, coarse salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Bake until top is golden and eggs are set, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Carbs per serving: 3 g