These keto air fryer fried pickles are perfectly crunchy on the outside, hot and juicy on the inside, and only 2 grams net carbs each! Enjoy them as an easy snack or a fun appetizer for a party.
When you think of fried pickles, you probably picture the traditional bar food that comes along with a burger and fries.
Of course, that classic version isn’t very good for you.
Most have a thick coating of bread crumbs and are deep fried in unhealthy vegetable oils. They may be tasty, but they also pack in quite a few calories and carbs.
That’s why I love this recipe for air fryer fried pickles! They’re low carb, keto friendly, and super simple to make.
Air fried pickles
Instead of bread crumbs, the recipe uses crushed pork rinds for the “breading.” This immediately cuts out a lot of the carbs.
Plus, everything crisps up in the air fryer. This means you don’t need a ton of oil, and you can use a healthier one like avocado or olive.
Making fried pickles air fryer style turns them into the perfect healthy snack!
They’re wonderfully crunchy on the outside, hot and juicy on the inside, and unbelievably tasty. And you can dip them in your favorite sauce, too!
If you make these low carb fried pickles for friends and family, you may be surprised how quickly they disappear. This recipe is always a crowd-pleaser.
How to make keto fried pickles in an air fryer
This recipe is so easy to make. You can prep everything in about 10 minutes, then simply toss the coated pickles in the air fryer!
First, we’ll prep the coating ingredients and dredge the pickle spears:
- Crush pork rinds until they resemble bread crumbs. Place into a shallow bowl or a plate.
- Whisk together egg and heavy whipping cream in separate shallow bowl until smooth.
- Spread seasoned almond flour mixture out in an even layer on a plate.
- One pickle spear at a time, roll in the almond flour. Next, dunk into egg mixture. Lastly, dredge in pork rind crumbs.
- Continue until all pickle spears are coated.
At this point, most of the work is done! All that’s left is to fry them up:
- Place coated pickle spears into the air fryer (I used a Cosori 12-in-1)
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
That’s it. Your keto fried pickles are ready to enjoy!
If you’re new to air frying, be sure to check out these tips for using an air fryer.
Carbs per serving
Traditional fried pickles are made by coating the pickle in bread crumbs and then deep frying.
This means that your classic fried pickle spears could have 15-20 carbs per spear. They also have around 200 calories and are packed with unhealthy fats.
On the other hand, these keto fried pickles can be enjoyed without guilt!
Each serving of two pickle spears has 3 grams of total carbs and 1 gram of fiber. This means each serving has 2 net carbs.
And because we use less oil, there are only 124 calories in two fried pickle spears!
This air fryer low carb recipe is a much better way to enjoy this tasty snack.
Serving air fryer fried pickles
You can definitely enjoy these air fryer fried pickles all on their own. The combination of the pork rinds with the pickle’s flavor is so delicious!
But they are also great for dipping. I personally love serving them with my keto ranch dip.
Another popular fried pickle dip is “fry sauce,” which you can make by mixing one part keto ketchup with two parts mayonnaise.
They also go great with keto chicken tenders or lettuce wrapped burgers!
More finger foods to enjoy
Looking for more low carb snacks and appetizer recipes that are keto friendly? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks are easy to make and impossible to resist! You can keep them in the freezer for a quick snack anytime.
- Keto Sausage Balls are dairy free, gluten free, and paleo friendly for a tasty bite that everyone can enjoy.
- Cauliflower Cheese Bread is the perfect finger-food to serve at parties or snack to whip up when you want something tasty!
- Cucumber Salsa replaces some of the tomato with fresh cucumber so you can enjoy more per serving.
- Keto Zucchini Fries are a great replacement for traditional potato fries that are so easy to make!
Keto Fried Pickles in Air Fryer
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- 8 Dill pickle spears
- ¼ cup Almond flour
- 1 cup Crushed pork rind crumbs
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer at 350 degrees.
- Place the crushed pork rind crumbs into a shallow bowl or plate.
- Whisk the egg and heavy whipping cream together in a separate shallow bowl.
- Spread the almond flour out in an even layer on a plate, and toss with the garlic powder as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat the pickle spears in the almond flour, then dunk into the egg mixture, and finally, dredge in the pork rind crumbs.
- Place the coated pickle spears into the air fryer, and cook for 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with your favorite low carb sauce for dipping if desired.
Array ( [calories] => 124 [carbohydrates] => 3 [protein] => 8 [fat] => 10 [saturated_fat] => 3 [cholesterol] => 58 [sodium] => 432 [potassium] => 45 [fiber] => 1 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 229 [vitamin_c] => 1 [calcium] => 39 [iron] => 1 )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.