Instant Pot meatloaf made low carb and gluten free! Using a pressure cooker results in a moist and delicious keto meatloaf in less time than cooking in an oven.
Love a good meat loaf? Want it fast without turning on the oven? Now you can have moist, tasty low carb meatloaf in as little as a half hour. Just make it in an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker!
If you love meatloaf, you already know that it’s an easy to make low carb meal. However, sometimes, when you take the bread crumbs out, it can come out like a brick and is usually very dry. But when you make my Instant Pot Meatloaf, you won’t have to worry about that!
Cooking the dish under pressure involves a lot of steam because it’s what builds pressure. And the steam creates a very humid environment creating a moist and delicious keto meatloaf every time.
Ingredients to make keto meatloaf in the Instant Pot
There’s no need for any specialty ingredients when making my keto friendly meatloaf. I use the following simple ingredients in the recipe:
- Ground beef
- Worcestershire sauce
- Crushed pork rinds
- Black pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Beef broth
You can also add in low carb ketchup to top it off after it’s cooked! I recommend broiling the loaf for a few minutes after spreading on the ketchup to enhance the flavor more.
Cooking Meatloaf in the Instant Pot
Some recipes will cook a low carb side dish along with the meat. But I prefer making instant pot meatloaf only in the pressure cooker.
After combining all the ingredients in a large bowl. I grab a large piece of aluminum foil and form the mixture into a loaf shape on top of it. Then, I fold the edges around the loaf to cradle it.
I pour beef broth into the inner pot then set down the Instant Pot trivet. The foil wrapped loaf is then set on top of the trivet. Next the lid is locked into place to seal.
The meat is pressure cooked on high pressure for 25 minutes followed by a quick release. Then I remove the meat and spread keto friendly ketchup on top. It’s then broiled in the oven for 3-5 minutes to caramelize.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Meatloaf
Meatloaf is one of the top comfort foods to enjoy for a sit down family meal. But you may want a couple other low carb recipes to serve with it. If you need a few ideas, here’s a few of my favorites:
- Make mashed cauliflower with salt and butter for keto mock mashed potatoes. You can also add cheese and or spinach to make it more flavorful.
- Cauliflower rice is also a good choice to serve with any low carb meat dish.
- For a simple side, just add in grilled or steamed vegetables. Low carb salads work well too!
Keto meatloaf with pork rinds goes well with so many dishes, it’s impossible to list them all!
Variations to the Recipe
There are a few ways to change up this keto meatloaf recipe:
- Ground Turkey or Ground Pork: If you would rather have different ground meat, you can easily swap it for the ground beef.
- Seasoning: Some people prefer certain seasonings in their ground meat. If needed, you can change out some of these seasonings for ones that you like better.
- Veggies: For those who need help consuming their veggies, sneak in some spinach or zucchini into the mixture.
You can also add hard boiled eggs in the center of the loaf like the keto friendly meat loaf recipe at My PCOS Kitchen.
Benefits of Pressure Cooking Meatloaf
When you make this Instant Pot Meatloaf recipe, some of the cooking time is taken out of the process. The meat cooks in about half the time under pressure.
Since the loaf cooks in hot steam, it won’t dry out as it cooks. This results in a juicier meatloaf than one baked in the oven. And it saves energy by cooking in a small pot versus a large volume oven.
Kitchen Tools Used
To make this keto friendly meatloaf, I used the following items:
If you give the recipe a try, be sure to leave a comment below to let me know how it turned out.
Instant Pot Meatloaf (Keto, Low Carb)
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- Mix ground beef, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, onion, pork rinds, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese together in a large bowl.
- Using a large piece of aluminum foil, create a loaf shape to hold the meatloaf.
- Shape your hamburger mixture into a meatloaf shape and set on the foil wrap.
- Place beef broth in Instant Pot.
- Grab the trivet and place your foil wrap holding your meatloaf onto the trivet.
- Carefully set inside Instant Pot.
- Ensure SEALING is set.
- PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 25 minutes. Then do a quick pressure release.
- Once Meatloaf has cooked, brush with low carb ketchup and place on a baking sheet.
- Broil in the oven for 3-5 minutes until caramelized.
Array ( [serving_size] => 1 [calories] => 253 [carbohydrates] => 3 [protein] => 18 [fat] => 18 [saturated_fat] => 7 [cholesterol] => 113 [sodium] => 732 [potassium] => 301 [fiber] => 1 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 180 [vitamin_c] => 2.8 [calcium] => 94 [iron] => 2.3 [serving_unit] => slice )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.