This baked keto buffalo chicken dip is super creamy, loaded with melted cheese, and only requires 7 ingredients to make! It has a mild kick, but feel free to spice it up.
Almost everyone loves a cheesy dip made with hot sauce and chicken. After all, it’s loaded with meat and melted cheese! What’s not to love?
Thankfully, it’s easy to make buffalo chicken dip keto friendly. This creamy dish makes the perfect snack or appetizer, even for non-low carb eaters.
The beauty of this recipe is how easy it is. In fact, it only requires seven ingredients and comes together in five simple steps. Just mix it up and let it bake until it’s bubbly.
The next time you’re looking for an appetizer that’s sure to please a crowd, give this creamy, cheesy, hot dish a try!
When you need to bring a dish to a party or whip up a quick snack, you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
Thankfully, this dip recipe only takes about 5 minutes to prep.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, softened cream cheese, sour cream, and Frank’s RedHot Sauce.
- Whisk the ingredients together until the dip reaches a smooth, creamy texture, then transfer to an oven-safe dish or skillet.
- Top the dip mixture with the shredded mozzarella and cheddar.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes. You want the dip to be bubbling and slightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow the dip to cool slightly. Top with chopped green onions before serving.
Your delicious low carb buffalo chicken dip is now ready to serve!
This recipe is so easy to make for any occasion. I almost always have the ingredients on hand, so I can throw it together quickly if something comes up.
I like to use canned chicken because I usually have some in the pantry. However, if you have rotisserie chicken sitting in your fridge, you could easily use that instead.
You could also cook chicken and then shred with a fork.
The taste for this dip is pretty mild. Frank’s RedHot adds a lot of flavor without too much spice.
If you prefer your dip with more of a kick, try using buffalo sauce instead.
Crock pot instructions
I usually make this recipe in the oven if I’m planning to serve it immediately.
The other option is to make a crockpot buffalo chicken dip. This is convenient if you want to bring it to a party or if you just want to make sure it stays warm.
You can mix the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, and Frank’s RedHot right in the crock pot. Cook the mixture on low for a few hours, making sure to stir occasionally.
30 minutes before you want to serve, add the shredded mozzarella and cheddar. Right before serving, add the green onions.
If the dip is going to be sitting out for a while, I recommend switching your crock pot to the warm setting so it doesn’t burn.
️ Serving suggestions
Most buffalo chicken dips are pretty low carb. But what low carb items should you actually dip into it?
Celery is a classic pairing. The refreshing crunch balances out the creamy dip and the slight kick. Plus, 1 cup of celery only contains 1 net carb!
You could also make a batch of my low carb tortilla chips, which would be delicious with this dip.
Pork rinds are another option that have the same crunch as chips, although not everyone likes them.
You can also serve this as a starter to a buffalo chicken casserole.
Looking for a few more easy keto dips that everyone will love? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Easy Crab Dip with Cream Cheese is a tasty crowd-pleaser made with real crab meat and avocado mayonnaise!
- Tomato Cucumber Salsa is packed with flavor and uses cucumber with tomato to lower the carbs.
- Keto Spinach Dip is a low carb version of this classic rich and creamy appetizer!
- Ranch Dip comes together quickly and is perfect for dipping veggies.
- Keto Queso Dip is a thick seasoned cheese sauce that is sure to be a huge hit.
- Pizza Dip combines all the delicious flavors of pizza in a crowd pleasing appetizer.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz canned chicken breast meat I used a 12.5 ounce can drained
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoon sour cream full fat
- 3 tablespoon Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh chopped green onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients except for the green onions and shredded cheeses. Whisk to combine well.
- Top the dip mixture with the shredded cheeses.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbling and slightly browned on top
- Let cool slightly before topping with chopped green onions and serving.
Array ( [calories] => 264 [carbohydrates] => 2 [protein] => 20 [fat] => 19 [saturated_fat] => 10 [cholesterol] => 76 [sodium] => 715 [potassium] => 140 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 667 [vitamin_c] => 8 [calcium] => 129 [iron] => 1 )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.