This delicious coconut pie crust is low in carbs and only requires 3 ingredients to make! It’s perfect to pair with my chocolate mousse for a rich chocolate dream pie.
When I first made my sugar free chocolate mousse, I knew it would make a great filling for a low carb chocolate pie. The next step was finding a great crust recipe to use.
I wanted a nice crumb crust that wasn’t too hard to make. When I came across my coconut flour pie crust recipe, I thought why not just make a crust with flaked coconut?
This crust is absolutely delicious and only requires 3 ingredients to make! It’s so simple. You stir up the coconut, melted butter, and sweetener, then press it down into a pie pan to bake. That’s it!
And while the crust is baking, you can easily prepare the chocolate mousse filling.
I simply doubled my mousse recipe and found I had about one serving left over. This meant I could store it to enjoy later. Win-win!
This low carb chocolate dream pie with a coconut crust is so delicious. If you like chocolate and coconut, you’re going to think this pie is a dream come true! The next time you need a quick dessert that still tastes rich and indulgent, you have to try this recipe.
How to make pie crust out of coconut
This pie crust is so easy to make and only requires 3 ingredients. You simply combine flaked coconut, sweetener, and butter!
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Add 2 cups of unsweetened flaked coconut to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the stevia and melted butter to the flaked coconut, then stir until well-combined.
- Press the mixture into a greased pie plate.
- Bake at 325°F until the coconut is toasted and golden brown.
That’s it! Your coconut crust is ready for filling.
How to make chocolate dream pie
While your crust is baking, you can easily prepare the mousse for your chocolate dream pie.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and allow to stand for 1 minute.
- Add boiling water and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved and the mixture is clear. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sweeteners and cocoa until well-combined.
- Add the whipping cream and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bottom of bowl occasionally, until the mixture is stiff.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into the whipped cream mixture and beat until well blended.
- Spoon the mousse into the prepared pie crust.
You can serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy. I like to sprinkle a bit of extra flaked coconut on each slice!
Other fillings for this coconut crust
Looking for other filling options that would go well with this pie crust?
Any mousse should work just fine. As long as the flavor goes well with coconut, give it a try! After all, there aren’t many flavors that don’t go well with coconut.
For a light flavor that would be perfect for spring or summer, try my raspberry mousse. You can top with whipped cream, fresh raspberries, or even a chocolate drizzle!
If you want a very neutral flavor, try my mascarpone mousse. This one can be topped with anything you want, from berries to chocolate chips to more flaked coconut.
For a late summer or early fall dish, I think keto pumpkin mousse would also be delicious! This recipe uses real pumpkin puree and is amazing topped with whipped cream or chopped pecans.
Coconut is a great flavor, so don’t hesitate to get creative and try out different fillings in this coconut pie crust!
Other low carb pie recipes
Looking for a few more delicious, versatile pies that are keto friendly? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Keto Chocolate Silk Pie has a flaky almond flour crust, smooth chocolate, and sweet whipped cream topping for an indulgent dessert.
- Sugar Free Banana Cream Pie uses extract in place of bananas for a low carb, gluten free pie.
- Keto Strawberry Pie is a light and fluffy icebox pie that sets in the fridge for a delicious summer treat!
- Sugar Free Peanut Butter Pie has a chocolate crust and ganache topping over a rich peanut butter filling for a truly decadent treat.
- Lemon Coconut Pie is a simple, crustless pie with a delicious custard filling that is low carb and keto friendly.
Low Carb Dream Pie with Toasted Coconut Pie Crust
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- 2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia extract powder
- 3 Tablespoons butter , melted
- Add the stevia and melted butter to the flaked coconut. Press mixture into a greased pie plate and bake at 325°F until the coconut is toasted a golden brown, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly.
- Stir together sweeteners and cocoa in medium bowl; add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bottom of bowl occasionally, until mixture is stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture; beat until well blended. Spoon into prepared pie crust.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: September 29, 2010… Last Updated: April 14, 2020