This keto chicken bacon ranch casserole comes together quickly for a hearty weeknight dinner that’s super satisfying and full of flavor!
Casseroles are a keto favorite because they’re easy to make and full of creamy flavor. And when you combine chicken, bacon, and ranch into one casserole, you can be sure the whole family will love it!
This delicious, satisfying dish comes together quickly in simple steps.
Added cheese gives the ranch sauce even more creaminess. And topping off the casserole with crispy baked bacon makes it even tastier.
This keto chicken bacon ranch casserole makes 6 servings, so it’s plenty to feed your family or to meal prep for the week.
Next time you need a tasty weeknight dinner, give this easy recipe a try!
This yummy chicken bacon ranch casserole only takes a bit of prep on the stove before you bake everything together.
1. Prepare the broccoli and chicken
- First, the broccoli is cooked in boiling water for 5 minutes then set aside.
- Next, prep the chicken by mixing with seasonings and then sauté in oil in a large skillet until cooked throughout.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds and then transfer the chicken to another dish or plate.
2. Making the sauce
- Add heavy whipping cream to the same skillet and use a whisk to scrape the browned bits off of the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the cream for a few minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Add shredded cheese to create a creamy cheese sauce. Mix in salt and pepper to taste if desired.
3. Assembling and baking the casserole
- Place the broccoli in the bottom of a well greased 9×9 casserole dish.
- Add the chicken to the casserole dish with the broccoli.
- Pour the thickened cheese mixture over the broccoli and chicken in the casserole dish. Mix everything together until the chicken and broccoli are well-coated.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top of the casserole.
- Top the casserole with the crumbled bacon and parmesan cheese.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes until browned and bubbling.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This hearty chicken bacon ranch casserole is keto, packed with creamy flavor, and so easy to make! It may become one of your new go-to recipes.
For extra flavor, you could top this casserole with chives or green onions.
You could also use different types of cheeses. Pepperjack, for example, would give the casserole a little bit of kick. Cream cheese would make it creamier.
Instead of cooking chicken breasts, you could always pickup one of those cheap rotisserie chickens from the store. Using rotisserie chicken is one of my favorite hacks for making my night easier when cooking. The smokiness and tenderness of it also adds an extra flavor dimension.
Finally, you could substitute the broccoli for cauliflower florets instead. You’ll still get a healthy serving of vegetables with a slightly different flavor.
Cauliflower is known for picking up other flavors in a dish, so it would be great in this casserole.
This low carb bacon chicken ranch casserole is a great dish to make ahead for easy weeknight dinners.
You can keep any extra in the refrigerator for several days in an airtight container. To reheat, simply place in the microwave or the oven.
Alternatively, you can place the casserole in the freezer for longer storage.
Looking for a few more easy, delicious keto casserole recipes to whip up on a busy weeknight? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Mexican Casserole has a spicy ground beef base topped with cheese mashed faux-tatoes for an incredibly satisfying dish!
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole with Chicken features a creamy cheese sauce and can be made with your choice of low carb vegetable.
- Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole combines the flavors of three popular Italian dishes into one tasty meal!
- Chicken and Green Bean Casserole is made with shredded chicken and green beans in a creamy cheese sauce.
- Low Carb Mexican Chicken Casserole comes together quickly with delicious Southwestern spices and plenty of cheese!
- Keto Friendly Philly Cheesesteak Casserole is another cheesy dish that makes a great weeknight meal.
Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¾ teaspoon dried chives
- ¾ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the broccoli florets in a pot of water over medium-high heat on the stove, bring to a boil and blanch for 5 minutes. Immediately rinse in cold water and drain.
- Add the broccoli to the bottom of a well greased 9x9 casserole dish.
- Mix the chicken pieces with chives, parsley, dill weed, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss to coat completely.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the heated skillet, and saute until completely cooked through.
- Place 2 teaspoon of minced garlic into the pan with the chicken and saute 30 seconds longer.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place it into the casserole dish with the broccoli.
- Reduce the heat on the stove to medium, and add the heavy whipping cream to the same skillet you used to prepare the chicken. Use a whisk to scrape the browned bits off of the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the heavy cream for a few minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Add ½ cup of the shredded cheddar cheese and the mozzarella cheese to the skillet. Mix in salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Pour the thickened cheese mixture over the broccoli and chicken in the casserole dish. Toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over the mixture in the casserole dish.
- Top the casserole with the crumbled bacon and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until browned and bubbling.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Array ( [calories] => 496 [carbohydrates] => 5 [protein] => 35 [fat] => 37 [saturated_fat] => 18 [cholesterol] => 165 [sodium] => 456 [potassium] => 618 [fiber] => 1 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 1493 [vitamin_c] => 33 [calcium] => 256 [iron] => 1 )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.