This low carb keto mug brownie is a rich and decadent treat that can be ready in a matter of minutes! It’s the perfect single-serving dessert to satisfy your chocolate craving.
Since switching to a low carb way of eating, I’ve noticed that I don’t really crave sweets very often. But every now and again, the chocolate craving strikes.
When to make the recipe
With most dessert recipes, you end up with leftovers. And I don’t always want to have that temptation sitting around the house.
That’s when this single-serve keto mug brownie is absolutely perfect!
The whole recipe only requires 7 ingredients and can be ready in 2-3 minutes. How easy does that sound? Plus, it’s made with coconut flour, so it’s totally nut free as well as gluten free.
You can also control the texture of your mug brownie based on how long you microwave it. Undercook for a gooey brownie, or cook the full 90 seconds for a cake-like texture. It’s completely up to you!
The next time you’re craving chocolate and don’t want to spend time in the kitchen making a whole recipe, you have to try this keto brownie in a mug.
Step by step instructions
Ready to see how easy it is to whip up a rich, decadent, keto friendly dessert?
- In a mug or ramekin, melt coconut oil and sweetener in the microwave. It will only take about 15 seconds.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and the egg.
- Mix in cocoa powder, coconut flour, and baking powder.
- Add heavy cream.
- Stir until a thick brownie batter forms.
- Microwave anywhere from 30-90 seconds to reach your desired texture.
That’s it! The next time you find yourself craving something sweet and chocolate, you’re only 5 steps away from this delicious low carb mug brownie.
Note on cooking time
When microwaving, keep in mind that a shorter cooking time will give you a fudgy brownie while a longer cooking time will make the texture more cake-like.
I recommend starting with 45 seconds, then checking the center. The cook time will also depend on the keto brownie mug or ramekin you’re using.
How to serve it
I always enjoy my mug brownie warm with a little bit of homemade whipped cream on top. It’s so good! I make mine using a whipped cream dispenser.
You could also top your freshly baked brownie with a little keto vanilla ice cream for an extra delicious treat. The cold ice cream will melt into the hot brownie for an incredibly satisfying dessert.
If you like your brownies with walnuts, feel free to chop a few and add them on top! You could even pan toast them for a few minutes to deepen their flavor before adding them to the brownie.
If you’re going to treat yourself, you may as well do it right!
Despite being made in a ramekin, this keto brownie actually turns out quite large! I think it’s perfect for 2 servings.
This means you can share it with someone special, or save the other half for tomorrow’s dessert.
Or, if it fits your macros, you can always treat yourself to the whole thing. The full recipe is 250 calories with 14 grams of total carbohydrates and 6 grams of fiber. This leaves you with 8 net carbs for the whole brownie.
It’s certainly an indulgence, but it’s not overboard to enjoy all to yourself!
If you decide to save half, simply store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More chocolate recipes
Looking for more delicious, low carb recipes to satisfy your chocolate cravings? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars taste just like peanut butter cups for a decadent dessert, fat bomb, or snack!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie with Coconut Flour are the perfect low carb version of this classic dessert.
- Keto Fudge is soft, rich, and only 3 net carbs per serving!
- White Chocolate Fat Bombs give you a different chocolate flavor and only require 3 ingredients to make.
- Keto Truffles feature a creamy ganache center for a wonderful low carb treat!
Keto Mug Brownie in Microwave
- Melt coconut oil and sweetener in microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add mixed dry ingredients (cocoa powder, coconut flour, and baking powder).
- Beat in the egg.
- Stir in heavy cream until thick brownie batter forms.
- Microwave anywhere from 30-90 seconds to texture desired (less for fudgy brownies, longer time for cake-like)
- Serve warm topped with whipped cream, if desired.
Array ( [serving_size] => 0.5 [calories] => 124 [carbohydrates] => 7 [protein] => 5 [fat] => 9 [saturated_fat] => 5 [cholesterol] => 121 [sodium] => 57 [potassium] => 216 [fiber] => 3 [sugar] => 1 [vitamin_a] => 318 [calcium] => 73 [iron] => 1 [serving_unit] => recipe )
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: November 6, 2015... Last Updated: April 22, 2020