Enjoy this tasty low carb gluten free cinnamon bread for breakfast or snack. It’s a sweet quick bread with a pound cake texture and no sugar added.
It’s been a while since I’ve developed a sweet bread recipe using my basic quick bread recipe as a base. The quick bread variations I have made so far are zucchini bread, banana bread, and key lime coconut bread.
My latest creation is a delicious low carb cinnamon bread. I’ve actually been thinking about making the bread for a while. At first I thought about doing a cake with glaze, but I really wanted to keep it simple.
I don’t know about you, but quick and easy is high on my list when it comes to recipes. That’s why I love making low carb quick breads. And, this gluten free cinnamon bread is a new favorite.
Easy cleanup is another thing I strive for so now I line my bread pans with parchment paper rather than grease them. No more scraping the pans after baking. Yeah!
Although most quick bread recipes are just dump and bake, this gluten free cinnamon bread requires a bit more work. But, it doesn’t require much more effort.
There’s a small amount of batter that’s mixed into a sweet cinnamon mix and layered in. After the layers are made, you just swirl the cinnamon batter into the regular batter with a knife. It’s just like doing a marbled cake.
I did like three quick strokes of the knife lengthwise in the pan. You don’t want to go overboard. Just a few twirls are enough to get a nice marbled effect.
The top of my bread browned a bit too much. I probably should have covered the bread loosely with a foil tent sooner so the top did not brown so much.
But, the gluten free cinnamon bread still it came out okay. The taste was not affected. It just would have looked better a little lighter.
You have to keep an eye on the bread at the end of baking as you want to pull it out just when the center is no longer wet. I ended up keeping my bread in the oven about 5 minutes after turning the oven off so that the center would set properly without overbaking.
The taste of this low carb bread is fantastic. The texture is similar to a pound cake because the almond flour tends to make quick breads dense and heavy.
You could drizzle a glaze made with powdered sweetener on the top if you’d like, but I thought it was perfect as is. This sweet keto friendly bread is a wonderful treat with your morning tea or coffee.
And, if you’d like to see even more low carb sweet bread recipes, check out my this Pinterest board.
Low Carb Gluten Free Cinnamon Bread Recipe
Gluten Free Cinnamon Bread
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- 1 tablespoon Pyure all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia extract powder
- 1/2 cup low carb sugar substitute or erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil liquified
- 7 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 °Grease 9×5 loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- Mix 1 tablespoon Pyure all-purpose sweetener with 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, salt, stevia, erythritol, baking powder, and cinnamon). Set aside.
- Add butter, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract into a food processor. Process until well blended. Add dry ingredients and process until uniform batter is formed.
- Remove ½ cup batter and mix into the cinnamon/sweetener mix. Set aside
- Place half batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread out evenly.
- Spoon half of cinnamon mixture over the batter.
- Pour remaining batter over cinnamon mixture and spread out evenly.
- Spread remaining cinnamon mixture on top and swirl in using a knife.
- 1Bake at 350F for 40 minutes, then reduce temperature to 325F.
- 1If top is becoming too brown, lightly cover with foil tent. Bake 15 minutes more.
- 1If still soft in the center, let sit in oven 5-10 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out dry.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.