This coconut key lime bread recipe turned out to be moist and flavorful without being undercooked. The flavor combination does not disappoint.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join the Low Carb Yum email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
After coming up with the Basic Quick Bread recipe, I wanted to see how a sweet bread would come out using that recipe as a base. My refrigerator had a full bottle of Key lime juice that I was planning to use in a pie.
I also had a brand new bag of unsweetened dry coconut I just ordered over the internet. This gave me the idea to try these two flavors together in a sweet bread.
Some flavors like chocolate and peanut butter are known to go together. Although I’ve never heard of mixing key lime with coconut, both flavors remind me of warm tropical climates.
Naturally, these flavors should go great together, right? This was my thinking. So I went ahead and gave it a try in this coconut key lime bread recipe.
I was a little worried when baking this bread because it seemed to take forever to pass the toothpick test for being done. However, once cooled, this turned out to be a nice moist and flavorful bread that was not undercooked.
I liked this flavor combination so much, I’m already planning to bake a low carb coconut key lime pie.
Coconut Key Lime Bread Recipe
Coconut Key Lime Bread
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia concentrated powder
- 1/2 cup low carb sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon peel or lime peel
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil liquified
- 8 eggs less eggs would likely work – may try 5 next time
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lime zest optional – add for stronger lime flavor
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of dried coconut.
- In medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients (remaining dried coconut, almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, salt, stevia, erythritol, baking powder, and dried lemon or lime peel).
- Set aside.
- Add butter, coconut oil, eggs, yogurt, lime juice, and vanilla extract into a food processor.
- Process until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and process until uniform batter is formed.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes and sprinkle the reserved coconut on top.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 55 minutes or until top is browned and toothpick inserted
- comes out dry.
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.