This light and airy no bake chocolate cheesecake mousse uses cherry extract for a decadent treat that will remind you of black forest cake, but with no baking required!
When temperatures and humidity reach their peak in the summer, I just can’t bring myself to turn on my oven.
On the other hand, a little something light and sweet can be refreshing on a hot day. This is the perfect occasion for a delicious no bake dessert!
Keto mousse is one of the quickest, easiest low carb treats you can make. I wanted to have a little bit of fun with the flavor though.
So what makes this recipe different from a normal keto chocolate cheesecake mousse? There’s one secret ingredient: cherry extract!
This subtle addition is so perfect with the rich chocolate flavor. They really complement the cheesecake mousse texture for a dessert that’s super satisfying and tasty.
How to make keto chocolate cheesecake mousse
Like any keto mousse, this recipe is so easy to make in only a few steps.
- Beat cream cheese with cocoa, sweetener, and flavor extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff.
- Fold the two mixture together until well combined.
- Beat the combined mixture until light and fluffy. Transfer to serving dishes and refrigerate for two hours.
What is black forest?
Traditionally, black forest referred to a four-layer cake made with chocolate sponge cake, cherries, and whipped cream. It’s usually topped with chocolate shavings and more cherries.
These days, black forest can mean any dessert with both chocolate and cherry flavors. It’s also a popular cheesecake flavor.
I decided to try black forest cheesecake mousse using cocoa and and cherry extract. The extract I use has no added sugar, but does contain glycerin. So it’s not completely free of carbs, but the amount used is pretty negligible.
For me, it was a perfect way to get the flavor of black forest cake but without the sugar, carbs, or need to turn on the oven!
How many carbs in black forest cheesecake
A traditional black forest cake or cheesecake will be very high in sugar and carbs. Depending on where you order, there could be over 50 grams of carbs and close to 40 grams of sugar per slice.
However, this keto chocolate mousse with cream cheese uses low carb ingredients for a dessert that is keto friendly.
The full recipe is for 6 servings. At that size, each serving has 4.5 grams of total carbs and 1.2 grams of fiber. This means there are 3.3 grams of net carbs per serving.
With such low carbs, no added sugar, and no baking required, this keto black forest mousse is pretty much a perfect treat.
No bake black forest pie
This recipe is great for single serving desserts. But you could also make a no bake black forest pie instead.
For a full pie, simply double the recipe. You can use a no bake crust like the one in my keto strawberry cream pie with pecan crust. Or simply leave out the crust to lower the carbs!
Other low carb dessert recipes
Looking for a few more keto desserts that are easy to make when you’re craving something sweet? Check out a few of these favorites:
- Keto Peanut Butter Bars are easy to make and taste just like peanut butter cups!
- Dark Chocolate Keto Fudge combines cream cheese and rich chocolate for a soft, decadent treat with only 3 net carbs.
- Strawberry Coconut Flour Mug Cake whips up in the microwave in a matter of minutes! You can also frost it for a cute little mini low carb cake.
- Keto Key Lime Cheesecake is a perfect little no bake dessert that can be made in a jar for individual servings ready to go.
- Peanut Butter Low Carb Ice Cream Bars are a delicious cold treat that are so easy to make!
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- Beat cream cheese, cocoa, stevia, monk fruit, and cherry extract until smooth.
- In separate bowl, beat heavy cream with mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into cream cheese, then fold in the rest of the whipped cream.
- Beat with an electric mixer on high until light and fluffy.
- Pipe into individual serving dishes and top each with a fresh cherry or grated chocolate, if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: July 13, 2015… Last Updated: March 9, 2020