Looking for something tasty to make with leftover low carb chili? Try these healthy keto zucchini nachos for a perfect low carb snack or appetizer that’s super easy to make!
I usually make a big batch of my Texas style keto chili so I have plenty of leftovers. It’s an easy way to meal prep, plus I can always freeze half for a later date.
But sometimes, I get bored of eating the same thing every day. So I find myself looking for ways to get creative with my leftovers.
It didn’t take much time to find a new use for my tasty chili.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know how much I love Mexican recipes. That’s why I decided to try out some low carb nachos using zucchini slices! I simply baked them with cheese and leftover chili.
After one bite, I knew I had to share this recipe with you! If you love nachos as much as I do, you need to try these healthy zucchini nachos. It’s a recipe that doesn’t require low carb tortilla chips or pork rinds.
How to make zucchini nachos
This tasty snack comes together in just a few steps and requires minimal preparation:
- Slice a large zucchini very thinly. You should end up with about 40 slices.
- Lay the zucchini slices in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush the tops with olive oil.
- Roast the zucchini in the sheet pan at 350°F for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly tender. Remove from the oven.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and turned slightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about two minutes before serving.
These nachos are so tasty, I think I’m going to start making batches of my chili JUST to make this yummy snack!
Everybody has their own favorite way to enjoy nachos. Feel free to customize this recipe to your tastes! Here are a few ideas for other ways to enjoy low carb nachos:
- Make it vegetarian: Use a low carb vegan chili instead of the meat based one.
- Spice it up: If you enjoy heat, you can sprinkle some extra chili powder on top.
- Add your toppings: Nachos are all about the toppings. Feel free to add sour cream, sliced jalapenos, diced tomatoes, avocado, or anything else you like.
There’s no limit to ways you can enjoy nachos. If you have your own way of making these, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
Other tasty low carb zucchini recipes
Looking for a few more ways to use zucchini? With this versatile ingredient, there are so many options! Check out a few of these favorites:
- Ground Beef Zucchini Skillet is a simple Mexican seasoned dish for an easy low carb, high fat dinner.
- Keto Pizza Bites are a super easy low carb appetizer made with double cheese.
- Keto German Chocolate Cake is a delicious and sugar-free chocolate cake that turns out super moist thanks to the zucchini.
- Zucchini Gratin uses the low carb veggie to replace high carb potatoes for a tasty and satisfying side dish.
- Keto Zucchini Chips turn out perfectly crispy so you can enjoy them with dip, for making nachos, or all on their own.
Follow us on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and INSTAGRAM for even more tasty keto-friendly recipes!
Healthy Zucchini Nachos Baked with Chili
- 1 ½ cups No Bean Low Carb Chili
- 1 large zucchini thinly sliced, about 40 pcs.
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese freshly grated
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese freshly grated
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lay zucchini slices in slightly greased baking tray. Lightly brush each zucchini slice with olive oil. Roast zucchini for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Remove zucchini from oven and top with No Bean Low Carb Chili, cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese have melted and slightly golden.
- Cool for about two minutes and enjoy!
Low Carb Sweeteners | Keto Sweetener Conversion Chart
Array ( [serving_size] => 5 [calories] => 116 [carbohydrates] => 2.3 [protein] => 9 [fat] => 8 [saturated_fat] => 4 [cholesterol] => 30 [sodium] => 270 [potassium] => 94 [vitamin_a] => 550 [vitamin_c] => 6.6 [calcium] => 120 [iron] => 1 [serving_unit] => pieces )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: December 28, 2017... Last Updated: March 11, 2020
Thank you so very much for sharing your recipes - they alway work for me.
I bought am Instant Pot thanks to you!
I hope you love the IP as much as I do. It's my pleasure to share the recipes with all!
I personally read your entire blog about each recipe. I enjoy your tips and how the recipes came about. Your comments have helped me correct any fails. Thanks for the time and effort you put into your creations of deliciousness. You've helped me onto better health.
I use parmesan crisps instead of zucchini.
That's what I use in my taco salad!