This super easy recipe for salmon loaf with canned salmon can be thrown together in a matter of minutes! It’s the perfect dish to make for a no-fuss meal on busy days. Your family will love it, especially topped with the tasty white sauce.
Is your family getting bored of regular low-carb meatloaf made with ground beef or poultry? Just wait until they try this easy salmon loaf recipe! Top it off with a rich and creamy dill sauce to guarantee everyone will be asking for seconds.
This dish is a perfect option if you have some extra canned salmon or leftover cooked salmon you need to use. In fact, you probably have all the ingredients you need in your pantry right now.
And the recipe couldn’t be simpler to make. Just mix the ingredients, spread into a pan, and bake!
So when you want something you can throw together in minutes that is still healthy and nutritious, give this salmon loaf with white sauce a try. It’s a perfect week-night dinner option.
How to Make Salmon Loaf with Canned Salmon
This recipe is simple to make, and you can quickly whip up the sauce while the loaf is in the oven. How easy is that?
- Mix ingredients together. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Transfer to loaf pan. Press the mixture into an 8×4-inch loaf pan. You can also shape it into a loaf on a baking pan.
- Bake. Place in the oven and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until the outside is browned.
Once your loaf is done baking, cut into 8 slices and serve with sauce!
Dill Dijon Mustard Sauce
The perfect topping for the salmon loaf is my homemade dill Dijon mustard sauce. And it’s a super simple white sauce that whips up in no time.
- Combine sauce ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, almond milk, dijon mustard, lemon juice, fresh dill, and minced garlic.
- Refrigerate. Place in the refrigerator to chill until you’re ready to serve.
Make sure you allow it to chill a little bit before serving as it tastes best that way.
Tips for Salmon Loaf
This salmon meatloaf has a simple yet tasty flavor. But if you ask me, the salmon loaf sauce really takes it to the next level!
The dill sauce provides a great contrast to the baked texture of the loaf. The fresh flavors compliment the salmon so well, it really brings out the full taste of the fish.
Finally, if you don’t have salmon on hand, you can substitute it pretty easily. In fact, any flaked cooked fish meat should work for this recipe. It’s a great way to use up leftovers.
No matter what kind of fish you use, I still recommend making a batch of sauce to go with the loaf!
What to Serve with Salmon Loaf
Looking for some easy sides to round out this meal?
My favorite side to serve with this loaf is asparagus. It’s simple to prep and always goes so well with any salmon dish. Steamed broccoli is another quick option that will go well with this recipe.
Other Fish Recipes
Looking for more tasty and keto friendly dishes to make with popular fish like salmon or tuna? Check out a few of these favorite recipes:
- Keto Salmon Patties made with canned salmon only take minutes to cook for tasty low carb fish cakes!
- Instant Pot Salmon can be made with fresh or frozen salmon fillets and only takes 15 minutes from start to finish.
- Keto Tuna Casserole uses simple ingredients you likely have on hand. Plus, this cheesy tuna bake with spinach is kid-approved!
- Smoked Salmon Pate made with cream cheese is easy to make for a delicious low carb appetizer or snack.
- Paleo Salmon Chowder made with coconut milk is so good, no one will ever know it’s dairy-free, low carb, and keto friendly!
Recipe for Salmon Loaf
We all have our go-to meals that we make on busy weeknights. They’re the ones that take very little effort to make but are still healthy so we can feel good about eating them.
This salmon loaf recipe with canned salmon is going to become one of those meals for you. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also always a huge hit with the whole family!
So grab those cans of wild caught fish, whip up a quick sauce, and dig into this delicious fish meatloaf.
Salmon Loaf with Dill Sauce
Recipe Video (Click on Image to Play)
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Press mixture into an 8×4-inch loaf pan or shape into a loaf on a baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until outside is browned. Serve with dill dijon mustard sauce.
Dill Dijon Mustard Sauce:
- In small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Chill before serving.
Array ( [serving_size] => 1 [calories] => 127 [carbohydrates] => 0 [protein] => 18 [fat] => 5 [saturated_fat] => 1 [cholesterol] => 102 [sodium] => 346 [potassium] => 236 [fiber] => 0 [sugar] => 0 [vitamin_a] => 110 [vitamin_c] => 0.3 [calcium] => 209 [iron] => 0.8 [serving_unit] => slice )
FREE EMAIL SERIES
My Top 5 Secrets to Master Keto!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: January 24, 2019… Last Updated: August 19, 2020