Preorder my 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook featuring over 120 simple recipes and get over 45 bonus recipes to use NOW!
This deliciously tangy dill dijon mustard sauce is packed with enough flavor to brighten any dish. And you only need 6 ingredients to make it!
Once you see how easy it is to make your own creamy dill mustard, you may just find yourself making it all the time.
Personally, I love this sauce for two reasons:
- It’s so easy to make
- It’s incredible with EVERYTHING
Seriously, you could eat it plain. The dill flavor works so well with the dijon, lemon, and garlic. Plus it has just the right level of creaminess without being to heavy.
Did I mention that you only need 6 ingredients for this dijon mustard sauce recipe? You may already have all of them in your kitchen!
Sauces are such a great way to liven up a dish. Especially if you’re short on time, you can throw something easy like chicken or fish in the oven. Once it’s ready, just add a delicious sauce on top, and you have yourself a wonderful meal.
If that sounds like you, then you have to give creamy dill mustard a try!
How to make dill dijon mustard sauce
This may truly be one of the easiest sauces to make.
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl.
- Whisk everything together.
- Allow to chill before serving.
Notes on the recipe
Many mustard sauces call for red wine vinegar. I find that the lemon juice provides enough acidity, so I don’t use it. And the garlic and dill add plenty of flavor.
I wanted to use almond milk to balance the heaviness of the cream cheese. It also lessens the amount of dairy in the recipe for those of us that are trying to cut back.
Variations for this mustard dill sauce
There are a few variations you can make to this dijon mustard sauce recipe. This may be helpful for those with allergies or taste preferences.
- Fresh dill versus dried dill: If you don’t have fresh dill but have dried dill, you can use that instead. You’ll use about ⅓ the amount.
- Substitute almond milk: If you don’t like almond milk or have a nut allergy, coconut milk or a mix of heavy cream and water can be used instead.
- Dairy-free: To replace the cream cheese, use Kite Hill or Daiya cream cheese.
With these few simple switches, you can make the perfect creamy dijon dill sauce for you.
What to eat with creamy dill mustard
This versatile recipe is a great way to add flavor to so many dishes.
I love using it with my keto salmon patties, which only take a few minutes to make. Easy salmon patties + easy creamy dill mustard = great weeknight dinner.
The flavors are a wonderful compliment for salmon or any other fish. If you’re looking for something that doesn’t include fish, try pouring it over chicken to add some tangy creaminess!
It would also be great in my mock cauliflower low carb potato salad. Just use the dijon dill sauce in place of the mayonnaise, sour cream, and vinegar mixture.
You honestly can’t go wrong.
Have you tried adding creamy dijon dill sauce to any other dishes? If so, let us know in the comments!
Other low carb sauce recipes
Looking for other ways to add some flavor to your meals without adding extra carbs? Check out a few of these favorite sauce recipes:
- Keto Cheese Sauce is perfect for dipping or drizzling, and you only need 3 ingredients to make it!
- Homemade Sugar Free Ketchup is a great way to enjoy this traditional condiment with all of your favorite foods.
- Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce is easy to make and will add incredible flavor to any meat dish.
- Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing is dairy free for a paleo friendly dressing that will liven up any salad.
- Keto BBQ Sauce is much healthier than the store-bought version, and many say that it’s tastier too!
You may also like some of these keto friendly salad dressings.
Dill Dijon Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup cream cheese Use Kite Hill or Daiya for dairy-free
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic minced
- In small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Chill before serving
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: January 17, 2019… Last Updated: January 28, 2020