These yellow squash quesadillas make an easy lunch or appetizer for dinner. They can be served with sour cream and or salsa if desired, if not enjoy plain.
Here’s an easy way to use up some summer squash if you are getting a bumper crop this year. After picking, I usually cut up the squash, slice it then steam it and keep it in the refrigerator for a quick snack or side dish. I have tried freezing squash for later, but I don’t think it tastes as good as it does when it is fresh. These quesadillas make an easy lunch or appetizer for dinner. They can be served with sour cream and or salsa if desired, but I usually just eat them plain.
- 1 low carb tortilla
- sliced & steamed squash
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray or lightly oil frying pan over medium high heat.
- Place tortilla in center of pan.
- Sprinkle cheese on one half of tortilla staying about a half inch or so from edge.
- Layer squash over cheese.
- Sprinkle a bit more cheese over squash.
- Fold tortilla over.
- When bottom is lightly brown, turn over to brown other side if desired.
- Remove from pan, cool slightly and slice.
Net carbs per serving: about 5-7g depending on tortilla brand