Here's a tasty low-carb blueberry mug cake that bakes up in minutes. The recipe makes two servings, so eat one now and save the other for later.
One of the recipes I made this weekend was a disaster, so I quickly had to think of something else. Using my birthday mug cake recipe as a base, I came up with this keto blueberry mug cake recipe.
It's a nice treat that's ready in minutes!
Why you'll love it
Mug cakes and muffins are perfect for a quick snack or breakfast.
My youngest daughter loves blueberries, so I had some fresh berries in the refrigerator.
My favorite recipe for using the tons of blueberries we pick over the summer is a cobbler. I also like making a syrup to pour over pancakes and mix into plain yogurt.
Now, I have a quick and easy low-carb blueberry mug cake recipe that I can throw together. It will be a yummy treat in the morning on the weekends or a snack after work.
This tasty mug cake recipe could also be made in larger batches and baked in the ramekins. It should only take 10-15 minutes to bake in the oven.
Mug cakes are pretty convenient and are perfect for college kids living in the dorm. Much healthier than the microwave popcorn we used to snack on.
Although I could make up a mug cake in the microwave at work, I'd probably just make it at home first and heat it up in the toaster. The size of each blueberry mug cake is perfect for toasting.
This is the perfect recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth.
There are only a few simple ingredients in this keto blueberry mug cake. If you have ever made a low-carb cake before, you probably already have all the ingredients that you need.
You will need both almond flour and coconut flour. In order to keep the carbs low, I do not recommend using Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose flour. It has too many carbs.
Use either fresh or frozen blueberries - they both work perfectly in this recipe. You only need a small handful.
You will also need basic baking ingredients such as salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, and lemon extract.
You will also use coconut oil as the fat, heavy cream for richness and flavor, and an egg to hold it all together.
Any granulated or liquid low-carb sugar substitute will work perfectly in this blueberry muffin mug cake.
Please note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low-carb recipe.
- Top with whipped cream. This enhances the blueberry mug cake after it cooks.
- Add blueberries on top. Save some fresh blueberries and add them on top of the cake after it bakes.
- Spread on some cream cheese frosting. If you want to make this taste like a real cake, make a keto cream cheese frosting and spread it on top.
This blueberry keto mug cake is so easy to make that even kids can make it.
Mix the dry ingredients
In a small bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt, and then add the blueberries.
Combine wet ingredients
In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the coconut oil. Then, mix in the heavy cream, egg, sweetener, and extracts.
Mix everything together
Mix the dry ingredients into the liquid ones. Add the batter to a microwave-safe mug or two ramekins.
Cook the blueberry mug cake
Microwave on high from 1 ½ minute to 2 minutes or until cake is no longer wet. It took about 2 minutes to bake in my 900-watt microwave.
️ Serving suggestions
This dessert cuisine tastes perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a snack when you are feeling kind of hungry.
Serve this keto blueberry muffin with a scoop of low-carb ice cream as a delicious treat.
Top with lemon zest and serve it with a shortbread cookie if you are craving even more sweets.
Serve this delicious mug cake with bulletproof coffee or another slice of keto fluffy vanilla cake.
Change it up and use sugar-free chocolate chips instead of blueberries. Or, drizzle some sugar-free maple syrup on top.
This muffin in a mug is a quick and easy recipe for anyone to make when they are crunched on time.
Before we get to the printable recipe card, here are some questions people often ask about how to make it.
Yes, you can certainly use salted butter instead of coconut oil. Add the melted butter to the batter just like you would the coconut oil. If you use salted butter, use less salt in the recipe.
There are 5 grams net carbs in one blueberry mug cake.
I prefer to use a granulated sweetener like Swerve. A liquid sweetener will work just as well. This keto sweetener guide will explain the differences between them and how to pick the best one.
Looking for other keto mug cake recipes to make for parties or for the rest of the year? Be sure to check out these gluten-free keto desserts. They are some of my favorites!
- Coconut Flour Paleo Pumpkin Mug Cake is a fall favorite that you can make all year long.
- Gluten-Free Birthday Cake In A Mug is enough for one person. It is super cute and tastes way too good to be low in carbs.
- Keto Lemon Mug Cake is a bright and citrusy cake that will wake up your taste buds and leave you feeling refreshed.
- One Minute Brownie In A Mug is perfect for anyone that is craving chocolate! It's ready in just a few minutes.
- Keto Paleo Strawberry Mug Cake has two layers and the best and sweetest flavors that remind you of summertime.
Follow us on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and INSTAGRAM for even more tasty keto-friendly recipes!
Blueberry Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon low carb sugar substitute
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- Mix together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl. Stir in blueberries. Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in small microwaveable bowl. Stir in heavy cream, egg, sweetener, and extracts into melted coconut.
- Beat dry ingredients into liquid ingredients with fork until well combined.
- Divide batter between two lightly buttered ramekins.
- Microwave on high from 1 ½ minutes to 2 minutes or until cake is no longer wet. It took about 2 minutes to bake in my 900 watt microwave.
- Serve in ramekins or remove to serve.
Low Carb Sweeteners | Keto Sweetener Conversion Chart
Array ( [serving_size] => 1 [calories] => 217 [carbohydrates] => 7 [protein] => 5 [fat] => 20 [saturated_fat] => 12 [cholesterol] => 106 [sodium] => 46 [fiber] => 2 [sugar] => 2 [potassium] => 81 [vitamin_a] => 376 [vitamin_c] => 1 [calcium] => 60 [iron] => 1 [serving_unit] => mug cake )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First published on March 21, 2016. Post updated on May 3, 2022, with additional recipe information and new photos.
Excellent!!! So much better than several other recipes I tried 🙂
Omg so delicious!! I added some cream cheese to it while it was warm because, why not? So tasty and will definitely make again!