These buttery baked eggs made with asiago cheese are so satisfying and only have 1 net carb per serving! Whip these up for an easy, delicious meal any time.
Who says eggs are only for breakfast? They perfect for any time of the day!
I first tried this recipe when I was doing an egg fast. If you haven’t heard of the egg fast, the goal is to eat primarily eggs for 3-5 days. With each egg, you also eat one tablespoon of fat and up to one ounce of cheese.
The egg fast is a great way to jumpstart weight loss. However, you don’t need to be doing an egg fast to enjoy oven baked eggs!
This keto friendly dish is a great way to eat eggs any time. They are super delicious and only have 1 net carb per serving. Plus, prep is so easy and takes less than 5 minutes.
These can be made in ramekins or small oven-safe bowls. Simply butter the dishes, melt the rest of the butter in the bowls, drop a couple eggs in each one, then top with cheese and bake!
How to make baked eggs
With less than 5 minutes to prep and about 15 minutes to bake, this dish can be ready in 20 minutes or less!
First, we’ll prep the baking dishes and melt the butter:
- Use a small amount of the butter to grease the two ramekins or 2-cup baking bowls.
- Split the remaining butter between the two ramekins or bowls.
- Microwave each bowl or ramekin for about 30 seconds to melt the butter.
Next, add the eggs and cheese, then bake:
- Drop two whole eggs into each bowl or ramekin.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon of grated cheese.
Bake in the oven at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until egg whites are set.
That’s it! Once you try making baked eggs in the oven, you may never want to make eggs any other way again.
How to tell when they are done
For me, my eggs are perfect after about 15 minutes in the oven. However, because ovens can vary in temperature, you’ll want to make sure yours are properly done.
The eggs are cooked once the whites are set. The yolks will be soft set, not runny.
The butter will also float to the top as the eggs bake, so you get delicious melted butter in every bite!
I love the taste of Asiago cheese, so that’s what I use. But you can top your eggs with any cheese you like.
1 tablespoon of butter per egg is used in the recipe to comply with the egg fast rules. So if you’re not doing the egg fast, you can reduce the amount of butter used to just enough for greasing
Using the air fryer
I love how easy it is to make baked eggs in the oven. However, you could also use an air fryer for this recipe!
Air fryers tend to take a little less time and don’t need to cook as hot as the oven. For this recipe, I would set your air fryer to 325°F and bake the eggs for 12 minutes.
The cheesy top will turn out extra crispy and delicious!
Other recipes to try
Looking for more easy keto egg dishes to make? Check out a few of these favorite recipes:
- Oopsie Bread is another egg fast friendly recipe that’s easy to make and has less than 1 net carb per roll.
- Keto Egg Salad only requires 3 ingredients to make and will keep you full and satisfied for hours.
- Bacon Egg Muffins can be made ahead for a quick and tasty keto meal on the go!
- Low Carb Deviled Eggs made without vinegar are perfect for a quick snack or appetizer.
- Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche doesn’t require a crust, so you can prep it in minutes for a delicious, filling breakfast all week!
You can also try mini egg fast pizzas for another easy dish that cooks in the oven.
Oven Baked Eggs Recipe
You may want to eat these buttery baked eggs with a spoon. That way, you can get every last drop of melted butter in each bite. They are seriously so delicious!
If you give the recipe a try, be sure to let us know how it worked out for you. Please share your modifications too!
Buttery Asiago Baked Eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Asiago cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a small amount of the butter, butter two ramekins or 2 cup baking bowls. Then split the remaining butter between prepared bowls.
- Place one ramekin in the microwave for about 30 seconds on high to melt butter. Repeat with other.
- Drop two whole eggs into each bowl. Top each with 1 tablespoon of grated cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until egg whites become white.
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
First Published: May 4, 2015... Last Updated: June 24, 2020