This simple keto egg salad is easy to make and super satisfying! With only 3 ingredients, it’s a quick meal that will keep you full for hours. It’s also perfect for an egg fast!
I needed a few recipes to enjoy while egg fasting so I came up with this keto egg salad. It’s the perfect combination of eggs and healthy fats. Plus, the dish is very satisfying and won’t make you feel bloated or heavy.
Even better, you only need 3 ingredients plus salt and pepper. It’s one of the easiest egg fast recipes to make!
I like to use my coconut oil mayonnaise. It takes about 5 minutes to whip up and stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Of course, you can use any mayonnaise you prefer. I would recommend choosing one made with healthy fats if possible. It’s best to avoid seed oils, as they cause inflammation.
I kept the seasoning very simple with ground mustard, salt, and pepper. This dish is so creamy and satisfying, I didn’t think it needed anything else.
You’re welcome to add other seasonings. You could also add some red or green onion. Just be careful how much onion you use to keep this egg salad recipe keto.
Personally, I recommend trying this dish by itself first to see what you think!
How to make keto egg salad for an egg fast
This dish is great to make when you’re in a hurry because there’s just a few simple steps.
- Hard boil 8 eggs. You can use an egg cooker, Instant Pot, or hard boil them in a pot on the stove. Once the eggs are cooked, place them in an ice bath for 1-2 minutes before peeling.
- Prepare the dressing base. If using, make a batch of my coconut oil mayonnaise. You can use any mayonnaise, but ones made with healthy fats like coconut oil or avocado oil are recommended.
- Slice the eggs. An egg slicer is the fastest way to cut them. But a knife can be used too.
- Place eggs, mayonnaise and seasonings in bowl. I only add ground mustard, salt, and pepper. But other seasonings like chives and paprika are great additions to the egg salad.
- Combine the ingredients. Using a fork, mix in mayonnaise and seasonings until well combined, breaking up the eggs as needed. Adjust seasonings to taste.
The dish is ready to enjoy! Any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Are all egg salads keto?
The main ingredients are eggs and mayonnaise. But not all egg salads from the grocery store or a cafe are keto-friendly.
Unfortunately, it’s hard to know what’s been added. Other recipes may include sugar, especially if they’re made with Miracle Whip.
I would be cautious about ordering egg salad from a restaurant or deli if you don’t know what’s in it.
What to eat with egg salad on keto
Wondering how to eat your egg salad? The answer is simple: however you want!
To keep it keto-friendly, pair it with other low-carb foods. Lettuce boats are a good option that add some crunch.
You could also enjoy it as a sandwich. I have quite a few options for keto bread recipes that would be perfect with it.
Personally, I think egg salad is delicious all on its own. It’s simple, creamy, and will keep you satisfied thanks to all the healthy fats. So you can just eat it right out of the bowl!
Egg salad for the keto egg fast
Have you been wanting to try an egg fast?
If you haven’t heard of it before, an egg fast is very simple. For 3-5 days, you eat eggs for each meal. You eat 1 tbsp of fat with each egg, and you can have up to 1 oz. of cheese per egg.
Egg fasts can kickstart weight loss and help break plateaus. They’re very popular in the keto community.
I recently discovered that I have an intolerance for egg whites, so I no longer do egg fasts. However, when I tried them in the past, I had great results! So you’ll find plenty of egg fast recipes on my site.
And this low carb egg salad is perfect for egg fasting! If you’re planning to try it, this is a great recipe to make.
Other low carb recipes to try
Looking for even more ways to enjoy eggs? Check out a few of these favorite recipes:
- Crustless Broccoli Quiche takes only minutes to prep and is a delicious way to enjoy breakfast all week!
- Low Carb Eggs Benedict combines poached eggs with bacon or ham and hollandaise sauce for a restaurant quality dish.
- Baked Eggs with butter and cheese are perfect for the egg fast and make a quick, tasty meal!
- Tuna Egg Salad made with sour cream is an easy way to add more protein and flavor to your egg salad.
- Keto Custard Pudding is an egg fast approved dessert that is creamy and delicious!
Keto Egg Salad
- 8 eggs hard boiled
- 1/2 cup coconut oil mayonnaise
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Slice eggs, then mix in mayonnaise and mustard until well combined, breaking up eggs as needed.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
Post updated in March 2019. Originally published April 2015.